Camp Cooley in Alabama

Help Support CattleToday:

Brandonm2

Reaction score
Their catalog says this is a dispersal of the Alabama cattle herd, even though the sale is in Franklin, Texas. The Camp Cooley in Alabama thing is just 3 years old. IS this a total crash and burn the likes of which we almost never see???

http://campcooley.com/Files/BelleCatalo ... log1-5.pdf

or will they be back next year with a new set of cattle? What's the story?

Brandonm2":13n2asok said:
Their catalog says this is a dispersal of the Alabama cattle herd, even though the sale is in Franklin, Texas. The Camp Cooley in Alabama thing is just 3 years old. IS this a total crash and burn the likes of which we almost never see???

http://campcooley.com/Files/BelleCatalo ... log1-5.pdf

or will they be back next year with a new set of cattle? What's the story?

Interesting. I'll see what I can find out. A friend's son works at the ranch in Texas. She has some Angus, but I don't know what she'll know about the Brangus side of the operation. Camp Cooley is a long time Brangus operation and only added Angus a few years ago. But I doubt the profit/loss on the cow herd will affect how the owner lives. He's a very wealthy man.

Brandonm2,
MikeC take on this would be interesting. This is definitely his neck of the woods. MikeC.....OHHH Mike were are you?

Tell us what you know, I know the drought is bad but...?

why not move em too texas where prices will be higher because the market's here will be flooded with cattle. it's a scratch and dent sale, if the money wont come to mohammad. carry mohammad to the money ;-)

ALACOWMAN":3rjqh0ad said:
why not move em too texas where prices will be higher because the market's here will be flooded with cattle. it's a scratch and dent sale, if the money wont come to mohammad. carry mohammad to the money ;-)

Oh, I understand THAT. I am probably going to the Ag-O-Rama heifer sale this weekend even though I (and nobody within 100 miles) have anything to feed, much less develop any heifers this winter, just to see how low the prices can go. My question is why disperse a 3 year old HEAVILY promoted herd and does this mean Camp Cooley is DOA here.

jscunn":1rta1yv4 said:
Brandonm2,
MikeC take on this would be interesting. This is definitely his neck of the woods. MikeC.....OHHH Mike were are you?

Tell us what you know, I know the drought is bad but...?

Sorry. Didn't see the post.

I'd rather not say much right now.

Mark Eagerton, the manager there is a close friend.

Mike,
I knew you would have inside info. I did not know what happened (good or Bad). I truly hope you friend lands on his feet. BTW You going to Uniontown on the 31st?

Camp Cooley is only clearing itself of all the genetics in the herd they bought when they took over the Johnston ranch here in Letohatchee, Al. Not saying they are bad, just not what they want to perpetuate.

They have several years left on the lease here and will continue the Camp Cooley Alabama ranch with genetics from the Texas herd.

Mark will continue the operations here and will be glad to assist anyone interested in cattle.

I looked at the bulls yesterday, they look excellent.

Go get you one or two!

yes. mikec was right. when campcooley leased the herd their was cow that came from ranches other than them. thoose are the cows they are selling and they will be bringing more texas cows to alabama. they brought the sale to texas because of the drought in the southeast area and they feared a low market.

Well that clears that up. I get almost all of my information from their advertising and there was no explanation in there as to why they were dispersing or what their future plans were.

Got the catalog yesterday and the bulls look good. Also some very good bred cows and pairs. Cattle are very high in Texas and grass is abundant although beginning to lose some nutrient and get tough. Plan on making the sale so will see how it goes.

Those Brangus look really nice.Just wondering how their attitudes are? I saw a video of some of the cattle and they were wild.

Sorry they WERE'NT wild, they were just moving around a bit much but then there were people in the pen causing them to do so.

These cattle. I happen on the video through another website but give me a few min and I should be able to find it again.

Latest posts