Calving 2024

Help Support CattleToday:

This little guy was born around 0630 this morning in 9* temp. Quickly his hair was frozen & the tips of his ears were freezing. My hubby & I got him in the barn & using hot towels, blow drier & a heating pad, got him dried & warmed up & back with mom. He was slow to nurse but seems to be getting the hang of it by noon. We have a pole barn with a nice pad of straw but she has no interest to taking him there. 🫤

Attachments

• IMG_9076.jpeg
    IMG_9076.jpeg
    215.7 KB · Views: 13
Had another cow calve today. This bull calf is 94 lbs. I didn't get the calf earlier weighted but I think he weighs a little less. So far, both cows are not moving the calves to the pole barn out of the North wind. It really concerns me, we don't have an indoor barn to put them in.

Attachments

• IMG_9079.jpeg
    IMG_9079.jpeg
    520.9 KB · Views: 8
Had another cow calve today. This bull calf is 94 lbs. I didn't get the calf earlier weighted but I think he weighs a little less. So far, both cows are not moving the calves to the pole barn out of the North wind. It really concerns me, we don't have an indoor barn to put them in.
we did get the calf in our shop/barn area & dried him off pretty good before the sun set.

Latest posts