calving 2014

Help Support CattleToday:

dutchcowboy

Reaction score
Hi,

It has been a while since I posted here, but I read almost every other day on this board.
Love the stories and the pics people share here.
Wanted to share some pics of my calves, enjoy !

9/16 sim heiffer.

blonde x heiffer and her 4way mom.

blonde x saler heiffer.

Will upload some more pics to photobucket in a few days.

Jeroen.

piedmontese":30erc27n said:
Do u have many salers? Best breed there is n my opinion.

Have 4 purebred saler cows at the moment and 2 yearling heiffers. 15 cows and heiffers that are salers cross. They are not very common in my country. They are easy to keep and are moneymakers because they are cheap in maintenance. Do not understand why there are not more farmers who have them.

blonde bull out an sim x maine anjou cow.

This is the way he was born, 430 € bill. About 65 kg.

blonde heiffer from a pure sim cow.

blonde bull from a 4way cow.

An other blonde heiffer from a 4 way cow, don't know what happend. Mostly blonde x calves are solid coulered.

Pure salers bullcalf.

Jeroen.

I hope that you named the one blonde x 4-way heifer "Nike." She has the Nike symbol on her forehead!
Sure cute calves! Thanks for sharing!

Found my saler bullcalf dead in the pasture. The day before he was running and playing with the other calves. 3 weeks old had a bad start it was raining for days when he was born. Put him and his mom in a barn for a few days and turn them out in some nice weather. Had a litle scours, but not enough to worry. Was growing like cabage......

It rained the whole night before I found him in the morning. More than 60mm of rain in one night, a lot of thunder and lightning. I'm sure he wasn't hit by the lighting

Dogs and Cows":2y3he6fj said:
Hi Jeroen,

Where are you in the Netherlands? I lived and raced bicycles in based out of Elden (near Arnhem) in the 80s. We have wonderful friends in the Netherlands...it is a great country!! Also, your cows are awesome, thanks for sharing!

Tim

Hi,

I live in Drenthe, thats in the northern part of the netherlands.
Think its about 130 km from Arnhem, easy to do for you, on a racingbike in the 80's !

Jeroen.

Latest posts