Call the vet!

Help Support CattleToday:

J. T.":1mrv2rkd said:
Nobody's trying to run you off, but I would see to it that I grew a little bit tougher hide if I were you. Otherwise, you ain't gonna like it here.
Great advice, J. T. Seems like the whiners are multiplying faster than feral hogs around here.

Texan":1noe2kfx said:
J. T.":1noe2kfx said:
Nobody's trying to run you off, but I would see to it that I grew a little bit tougher hide if I were you. Otherwise, you ain't gonna like it here.
Great advice, J. T. Seems like the whiners are multiplying faster than feral hogs around here.

And another little piggy just joined the group!

Welcome Texan!

:lol: :lol:

Texan":1alp88aa said:
J. T.":1alp88aa said:

Heck I thought the computer shorted out from all the buckets of tears.
Listening to all this crying are you responsible for anything or you a victim.
Your only a victim if you choose to be and will contiue to be until you take resposibilty for ever action. As I said before cow dies my fault I have to put one down my fault etc. It is no one elses like the whiners they didn't tell me how to save old Belle or fix it it is your fault for not educating yourself and that was the penalty you or I had to pay.
Grow up.

Caustic Burno":7eol50nk said:
Texan":7eol50nk said:
J. T.":7eol50nk said:

Your only a victim if you choose to be and will contiue to be until you take resposibilty for ever action. As I said before cow dies my fault I have to put one down my fault etc. It is no one elses like the whiners they didn't tell me how to save old Belle or fix it it is your fault for not educating yourself and that was the penalty you or I had to pay.
Grow up.

Who are you talking to CB ?

And before it starts, I did not ask for it.

Lesson one about the cattle business toughen up.

You have a choice to walk through life being responsible for your actions or lack of actions or cry I am the victim.
I refuse to live life as a victim.
Every cow I loose is my fault not someone didn't help me.
My fences tore up by Rita is my fault not the storms as I planned poorly leaving the trees in the fencelines.

It's a choice I am responsible for ever good decision and bad or lack of decision I make no one else.

There is no they or we as I don't have a mouse in my back pocket I pay the penality for good or bad decisions and I am the one resposible for them all.

Caustic Burno":2ptq7j84 said:
Lessen one about the cattle business toughen up.

You have a choice to walk through life being responsible for your actions or lack of actions or cry I am the victim.
My fences tore up by Rita is my fault not the storms as I planned poorly leaving the trees in the fencelines.

It's a choice I am responsible for ever good decision and bad or lack of decision I make no one else.

There is no they or we as I don't have a mouse in my back pocket I pay the penality for good or bad decisions and I am the one resposible for them all.

Now that is a direct path to success.

Fire got my fences and I learned a lesson as well.

We all crawled before we walked.

Caustic Burno":1ard1hmp said:

Thank you! :)

AngusLimoX":4elctwet said:
Caustic Burno":4elctwet said:
Texan":4elctwet said:
J. T.":4elctwet said:

Grow up.

CB what the heck you gonna do all day if your whiny tears break your computer?? :lol: :lol:

Not educating myself? You almost made me fall out of my chair laughing when you were talking about other peoples IQ's in a thread, I was surprised you could spell it!! :lol: :lol:

How about that tough guy! Nyuck Nyuck Nyuck :lol: :lol:

Your little tantrum here ( and at your age tsk tsk ) is way off the mark.

OOP'S Caustic Burno told me to grow up!

Now follows grown up part of post.

What peeved me, and a few people who pm'd me who actually raise cattle to make money in here, is the judgemental BS that followed my post about that prolapse.

Have you read all of the posts above on this thread? The ones disagreeing, are they whiners too?

Have you read the whiney Animal Welfare posts? Shoulda called the vet, if you gonna raise em you get C section when large calf , and on and on . You had to of read the posts, it was like a PETA convention. Lets gather in a circle, pray for the cows, "koombayah my cows, koombayah".

It was the implication that ( nope nothing direct about it just implied ) that I wasn't fit to have cattle because I didn't call a vet to pull a large calf.

I am gonna bet if someone told you you mistreated an animal, to your face, they would wake up a day later. ( maybe even plb :lol: ) You don't say that to a cattleman - even indirectly.

I just finished a long go with a pb heifer I really wanted to calve out ( I'd have to look back but I think it was 7 hours from water to calf ).

I didn't call the vet, I did it in the dark ( flashlight calved too ) and I have a live calf and a newly promoted cow. If the real whiners in here had their way they would be convening a convention and saying once again I am negligent, big bull calf, (at least I hope those were his nutz ), let it go way too long without "calling the vet", should have called for help and on and on.

Oh well, I am up almost the price of a calf because I did it myself.

I am not gonna repeat myself ( internal bleeding ) about why I put the prolapse down, not Bessey, she didn't have a name, she had a value.

And I am not whining - I am just not letting anyone trash talk me. At least not without hearing back. :)

I have given you a respectful response, well the second half. I hope you will reply in kind.

I could not list the things I have learned in here in a short time, and I have the utmost respect for a good many people who show it to others, and you do show it in your own way CB, in my opinion, most of the time. :lol:

Gonna go check the new arrival. And the other little money bags. Gotta do it before the locals find out I don't deserve to own em! :lol: :lol:

The way I see it, someone started a post on the Beginners board with the intent of reminding people "new" to the cattle industry to please call a vet if they have any doubts about their animal's welfare.

Which is a good thing to recommend, as a lot of people that are "new" to cattle might end up waiting a long time for a response to a problem that may have required speedy veterinary assistance.

So if a person is new to cattle, hopefully they'd feel that this was a well meant suggestion.

On the other hand, if someone is not "new" to cattle, then why would they get a burr up their proverbial behind about a suggestion that was not intended or needed for or by them?

Am I missing something here??

Take care.

Thanks Annie. You hit the nail on the head. Was just trying to be helpful to the beginners. However, I take pride in being jointly criticized with the likes of Caustic and Texan. I reckon that's some pretty good company!

J. T.":2n2qpoh5 said:
Thanks Annie. You hit the nail on the head. Was just trying to be helpful to the beginners. However, I take pride in being jointly criticized with the likes of Caustic and Texan. I reckon that's some pretty good company!

J.T. you tried to knock me on the head earlier, and I didn't even realize it was your thread I was messing up. If I criticized you I don't know where that was, it was not intended.

Texan took a shot at me, I swung back. I will every time, only person that can knock me out in here is the Moderator! ;-)

Leave it to someone like Annie to get me back on track.

J.T. - maybe it would be a good idea to take your post one step further. Write it up a little different, and have it made one of those sticky things that doesn't get removed at the top of the beginners board.

What does everyone think at about that? Does anyone know how to do that?

Then it wouldn't be folks in the forum telling you to do it, it wouldn't be judgemental and it could be worded so that it doesn't insult the producers judgement, and it recognizes that it is the producers call.

And it would be there for all the future newcomers to see.

Sorry for my misunderstanding J.T. and, once again, thanks Annie.

You missed the whole point of the post only you can be responsible for you no one else.
You and insignificant, everyone is,you mean nothing to anyone but your family. When you realize this your short journey in life will be much more pleasant, amazing what it does for your skin turns it almost to armor.
There is no such thing as a problem only the way you choose to view the facts. Well maybe a metor headed for earth which is going to put us another Ice Age as that effects every living thing on earth.
Fact Cow died.
Responsible response its my fault for failure to take action I took the wrong action or I took no action at all.
Victim response. cow died they didn't tell me what to do, they are picking on me, they were mean to me.
The victim attitude is amazing alive in the younger generation.

This is an accountability discussion. I can blame my problems on anything. Currently I can blame the drought for my predicament. However, I should have been better prepared than I was. I could have blamed the fire in 1990 that burned me out and took all my fences. However, I should have used enough metal posts to sustain the fence in case of fire.

I do indeed call the vet. I am accountable for my animals as well.

My bull prolly doesn't measure up to a lot of you folk's standards. However five heifers dropped calves this past year with no problems. There is a reason for that as well.

Beginners getting into the forum and learning things, BEFORE they have problems will preclude a great deal. Be accountable for your animals. Be accountable for your actions. Plan ahead.

There is a great deal that can be learned on the net. There is also a bunch of bunk out there too.

I learn a great deal reading along these threads. There are breeds I have never been around and climates I have never raised animals in.

Beginners getting on here and learning what to do ahead of time is a good sign of accountability.

backhoeboogie":2u5w70ek said:
This is an accountability discussion. I can blame my problems on anything. Currently I can blame the drought for my predicament. However, I should have been better prepared than I was. I could have blamed the fire in 1990 that burned me out and took all my fences. However, I should have used enough metal posts to sustain the fence in case of fire.

I do indeed call the vet. I am accountable for my animals as well.

My bull prolly doesn't measure up to a lot of you folk's standards. However five heifers dropped calves this past year with no problems. There is a reason for that as well.

Beginners getting into the forum and learning things, BEFORE they have problems will preclude a great deal. Be accountable for your animals. Be accountable for your actions. Plan ahead.

There is a great deal that can be learned on the net. There is also a bunch of bunk out there too.

I learn a great deal reading along these threads. There are breeds I have never been around and climates I have never raised animals in.

Beginners getting on here and learning what to do ahead of time is a good sign of accountability.

It is like why did you come down so hard on me, I like to know the metal of a man I am dealing with is he a fighter or a victim. I have no time for the victims whinning attitude, the odds for them making it for the long haul are small. The victim attitude is the one that started quiting in little league and the world is picking on me.
Rule One tough Business for tough men or women.
Rule two ruthless culling everthing has a cost.
Rule three I am responsible and only me.
Rule four Cattle do not care about your feelings.

By the way JT good post I wouldn't mind you as a neighbor you have sand and metal boy.

Cuastic, I'd never question your accountability. I'd just bet you paid your vet in full a few times also.

backhoeboogie":1tpdsuyy said:
Cuastic, I'd never question your accountability. I'd just bet you paid your vet in full a few times also.

You got that right! He also knows when I call him I am scratchin my head and butt wondering what has got old Belle.
I have heard him say a 100 times don't yours get anything simple, then say I know I know you cured that I am here for the complicated stuff.

Caustic Burno":1eg72o5u said:
backhoeboogie":1eg72o5u said:

You got that right! He also knows when I call him I am scratchin my head and butt wondering what has got old Belle.
I have heard him say a 100 times don't yours get anything simple, then say I know I know you cured that I am here for the complicated stuff.

exactly. have had this discussion with our vet many many times.

Caustic Burno":1a1jaynj said:

Caustic......sad thing is that this is the way it seems to be going in all walks of life. Everyone wants to blame someone for their problems. Just look at New Orleans and Katrina it was everyone's fault except those that stayed. People today want someone, mom, dad, neighbor, taxpayers or government to solve all their problems for them.

Latest posts