Calf eating and drinking like mom

Help Support CattleToday:

Arthur

Reaction score
Our one calf born on 6/26/07 is eating hay -and drinking a lot of water. A lot to me being a small hobby farm and never seeing the babies drink so much water, just like like older cows was something I got to thinking about this morning.

I was wondering if this is ok, she is very health and active. Is she getting enough from mom?

She is fine, its probably due more to weather than anything else. Milk and water are two seperate requirments.

I'd be pleased she's drinking water! And eating hay! Like 3MR said, she sounds fine. :)

Alice

They're usually drinking water and eating hay/grass at 10-14 days old at the latest. Calf sounds perfectly normal

Arthur":1v0r75u0 said:
Our one calf born on 6/26/07 is eating hay -and drinking a lot of water. A lot to me being a small hobby farm and never seeing the babies drink so much water, just like like older cows was something I got to thinking about this morning.

I was wondering if this is ok, she is very health and active. Is she getting enough from mom?

She sounds normal to me!

That's a beautiful sight when they first start to belly up to the hay & water with mom. Sounds like all is well at your place.

Latest posts