Cake Feeder Motor replacement

Help Support CattleToday:

Badley

Reaction score
I have a old MY D Han D cake feeder and the 12 volt motor went out. I am looking for replacement motor ideas. I contacted the manufacture and they were out of stock and the price was $670 something, which is more than the value of my cakebox.

Atimm693

Reaction score
Get the HP, RPM, shaft size, and rough dimensions, I'm sure you can find a replacement online.

The motor may even have an ID tag, the feeder manufacturer doesn't make the motor, they buy it from someone. Just gotta find out who.

Atimm693

Reaction score
Also forgot to mention that it can probably be fixed. They are more or less the same as a starter motor, any starter/alternator shop could likely get it working again.

Lucky

Reaction score
Really don’t want to steer you in the wrong direction but I think this is the one I ordered for a Bull one which is similar to what you have. Might give them a call I bet they can help. Hope this link works for you. https://www.wms1.com/Shop/w-6228-1023

jltrent

Reaction score
Also forgot to mention that it can probably be fixed. They are more or less the same as a starter motor, any starter/alternator shop could likely get it working again.
As said I would take it to a shop and let them look at it. I had a 3/4 drill that Noah had on the arch and took it to a local shop. They had the round brushes and other parts needed to put back in shape. The guy said it 4-sure was and oldie, but a good one.

Allenw

Reaction score
looks like a permanent magnet motor, doesn't take a lot to burn one up.

Latest posts