Cake Feeder

Help Support CattleToday:

littletom

Reaction score
Well i have been wanting one for several years now. Last year was doing buckets to 100 one farm 80 another. Something need to give time wise. Found a old flatbed 2500 truck last fall and bought it. A farm truck had a transmission go out so the h2a boys ended up with old flat bed all winter. We finally got the feeder mounted with scales last week. Went this morning tried it out. Wow what a upgrade wish would of done this years ago. Its nothing fancy a bar six. For some reason these arent overly popular or real avaible in my neck of the woods.

Truck feeders are the only way to go if feeding very much at all. Sacks are a waste and buckets are just too time consuming. If you don't get a set of scales or a counter you could use a stop watch. I've had several different brands with scales and counters and they all put out the same amount in a given time consistently as long as the feed flows good. Bar 6 feeders don't have a very good rep around but I've got a friend that runs at least a ton a day through one and has for at least 10 yrs. I wouldn't be afraid of one.