Flaker feeder.

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
I am considering getting a flake feeder. This morning I had 2 bales which both did the classic cave in where I had 6 or 7 flakes piled up. It gets to be a witch to pull them off the truck. I am getting too old for this s**t. The feeder are designed to push the hay off a flake at a time. You sit in the cab and run the controls. A hydraulic arm pushed the hay off the side. There are arms that prevent a cave in from occurring so you just get one flake. The one I am considering holds 2 3x4x8 bales. The only time you get out of the cab is to cut the twine. The one I am looking at is a stand alone unit. Just 4 bolts in the corners to mount it on a flat bed. So easy to move to a different truck if you wanted to.
The one I am looking at is made by D&M feeders. They are located in Prineville Oregon.

I am considering getting a flake feeder. This morning I had 2 bales which both did the classic cave in where I had 6 or 7 flakes piled up. It gets to be a witch to pull them off the truck. I am getting too old for this s**t. The feeder are designed to push the hay off a flake at a time. You sit in the cab and run the controls. A hydraulic arm pushed the hay off the side. There are arms that prevent a cave in from occurring so you just get one flake. The one I am considering holds 2 3x4x8 bales. The only time you get out of the cab is to cut the twine. The one I am looking at is a stand alone unit. Just 4 bolts in the corners to mount it on a flat bed. So easy to move to a different truck if you wanted to.
The one I am looking at is made by D&M feeders. They are located in Prineville Oregon.
Do you need a 16' flat bed for the 2 bales, or do you load them side-by-side?

Looks sweet. How much they want for one of those?

Neighbor had these. I think pro line may have sold to Robbins. https://robbinsfarmeq.com/design.htm
The D&M feeders sound like they might be a better price. They're all made in Oregon.

Attachments

• IMG_3195.jpeg
    IMG_3195.jpeg
    263.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2899.jpeg
    IMG_2899.jpeg
    375.5 KB · Views: 13
Neighbor had these. I think pro line may have sold to Robbins. https://robbinsfarmeq.com/design.htm
The D&M feeders sound like they might be a better price. They're all made in Oregon.
I drive by Robbins a couple times a week. I know their head mechanic. They don't make a truck mounted feeder and most of the ones they make are considerable bigger than I need. The problem I have with a trailer mounted one is I have to cross a bridge and take a sharp turn. Or in reverse take a sharp turn on to a bridge. And there is an irrigation ditch there which prevents a wider turn. There have been a couple accidents there caused by people pulling a trailer. So a truck mount is the way I will be going.

Is it self loading?
It gets loaded with a tractor. Once the first bale is fed it moves the second bale from the cradle up to the feeding position.

Latest posts