Cajun Music

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
Seems to me there are 2 distinct types of cajun music. All I can think of is Zydeko, what's the other one?

Thanks

dun":15jd7x1d said:
Seems to me there are 2 distinct types of cajun music. All I can think of is Zydeko, what's the other one?

Thanks

Who cares. Zydeko be all the music this child needs. Now that's some serious good music. Made my feets start jumpin just thinkin about it. :banana: :tiphat:

dun":1y1ef820 said:

Thanks

Creole?

I also remember my older brother being interested in something called swamp pop back in the early 60's. I think that was cajun.

Seems (if I remember correctly) zydeko had more of a squeeze box and washboard sound and the other more of a a fiddle sound. When did Fiddlin Frenchy Burke become just plain Frenchy Burke.

3waycross":352q2jv6 said:
dun":352q2jv6 said:

Thanks

Who cares. Zydeko be all the music this child needs. Now that's some serious good music. Made my feets start jumpin just thinkin about it. :banana: :tiphat:

Absolutely impossible to listen to and sit still.

cajun has more fiddle, Zydeco has more ditonic(sp?) accordian, scrub board etc.

Zydeco comes from the creole phase "zydeco sont pas sale". translates "the snap beans aren't salty". clifton chenier was the first to call his music zydeco. i like all la. music.

any links to music of that kind? remember here in the 3rd world we only know vuvuzela tunes. ;-)

Knersie,

you could start a south african vuvuzela / louisiana french music band.

we'll call it "harley & the vuvuzela playboys".

my invoice will be in the mail shortly. lol.

F350":3domix60 said:
Knersie,

you could start a south african vuvuzela / louisiana french music band.

we'll call it "harley & the vuvuzela playboys".

my invoice will be in the mail shortly. lol.

How about "harley his vuvuzela and the girls of the playboy mansion"?

A band called Buckwheat Zydeco was playing up here in N Minneysoooota a few years back. Once they started up I never stopped dancing. Ahhhhh " On a Night like this" :D

Latest posts