Does Rock music no longer exist?

Help Support CattleToday:

john250":342746na said:
Hall of Fame nominations: Joan Baez? Journey ? TuPac ? The Hall of Fame is a joke.

What's wrong with Journey?? I think Arnel Pineda does an amazing job..

Never listened to anything from Tupac and don't intend to, and always hated Joan Baez..

Don't anybody be dissing Journey, man! :devil2:
Steve Perry had a beautiful voice. (I can't get into the new guy, although friends of mine who are long-time fans love him. I'm just sentimental).
And Pearl Jam got in, right? Not a d@mn thing wrong with that!

Here's some new (to me) stuff I've been listening to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhKDWckR2bs
(Lydia Loveless, "Back on the Bottle Again". Favorite line: "Get me back to the bar, I've been home way too long")

If anyone has directv, look up "Metal Evolution". Sam Dunn did a great job documenting the evolution of Rock and Metal. He basically travels down the tree and dabbles into each section and how they were formed and where they came from.

Rafter S":15kzpzob said:
sim.-ang.king":15kzpzob said:
CCR, Floyd, Stones, The Animals, Bad Company, Jimi, Zepplin, The Who, Heart, Cream... the list goes on.

May I respectfully add Lynyrd Skynyrd to your list?

They're on top of my list ! Thank god they came out with Second Helping album that contained Sweet Home Alabama. We were no longer considered nerds for listening to "Pro-Nounced"

backhoeboogie":3f8g36u5 said:
Rafter S":3f8g36u5 said:
sim.-ang.king":3f8g36u5 said:
CCR, Floyd, Stones, The Animals, Bad Company, Jimi, Zepplin, The Who, Heart, Cream... the list goes on.

May I respectfully add Lynyrd Skynyrd to your list?

They're on top of my list ! Thank god they came out with Second Helping album that contained Sweet Home Alabama. We were no longer considered nerds for listening to "Pro-Nounced"
I love skynyrd too but I feel they sold out to KFC for their commercials.

It's a little too country for rock but too rock for country it's a band by the name of blackberry smoke. Just now being recognized in the mainstream, but I've been s faithful brother for several yrs now. They're worth lookin into.

Stanford777":34l56uvr said:
It's a little too country for rock but too rock for country it's a band by the name of blackberry smoke. Just now being recognized in the mainstream, but I've been s faithful brother for several yrs now. They're worth lookin into.
Blackberry smoke is really good.

First dance of my wedding reception was rock and roll again, and my in laws looked at us like we were nuts lol

boondocks":3qzsoe85 said:
Don't anybody be dissing Journey, man! :devil2:
Steve Perry had a beautiful voice. (I can't get into the new guy, although friends of mine who are long-time fans love him. I'm just sentimental).
Agree 100 %,
Hey, I just read this and can't let anyone be dissin Journey either! :eek: Thanks Boondocks!

I have mixed feelings about this, but I bought tickets to see Boston in concert in Paducah..
My wife and I love their music, but find it tough to pay to see someone with Tom Scholz views. Big peta supporter :( and a animal right activist..
He is a musical genius, but an idiot at the same time.
I'm stuck in 70's rock. My wife likes country except for the BeeGees and Boston. She might be listening to Reba one second then Boston then back to George strait. :D

Classic Rock radio stations levied me a dinosaur. I haven't listened to current music in around 30 years. Now with Pandora on the blue tooth in the new truck, its likely I am completely hopeless.

I have XM in my truck. Only need 4 stations..
70's, Classic Rewinds, Classic Vinyl and Deep Tracks. Once in a while the 80's
Oh have to have Cardinals baseball..

danl":3op1o5lt said:
I have XM in my truck. Only need 4 stations..
70's, Classic Rewinds, Classic Vinyl and Deep Tracks. Once in a while the 80's
Oh have to have Cardinals baseball..
Good lineup. Add the E Street channel, Pearl Jam channel, Tom Petty's (great) Buried Treasures channel, and you got a great list. A bit of Little Steven's Garage too....

bball":3m4l6qvm said:
Pandora thumbprint feature is fantastic. Filters music to you based on music and artists you gave the thumbs up to. Have a very wide variance of music and artists on my pandora, the thumbprint mixes things up nicely (especially while driving).
Had the pleasure of seeing CCR back in 07. Heck of a good show.

I know this is an old post but I just now discovered the thumbprint feature on Pandora the other day while I was mowing the grass. LOVE IT!!! For you red dirt/ classic rock lovers, check out Cody Jinks, you wont be disappointed!!

Latest posts