Does Rock music no longer exist?

Help Support CattleToday:

TCRanch":1b5wmdkt said:
LazyARanch":1b5wmdkt said:
I listen to a lot of rock music, don't like the real hard head-banging stuff but I do like Disturbed (watch the video for their cover of The Sounds of Silence), Collective Soul, Shinedown, Avenged Sevenfold, Audioslave, The Black Keys, Breaking Benjamin, Chevelle, Foo Fighters, Godsmack, Imagine Dragons, Redlight Kings, Pop Evil and Papa Roach to name a few. I don't like EVERYTHING they sing but I pick what I like and make my own playlists. I also listen to a lot of Classic Rock such as the Eagles, and a lot of classic country from Patsy Cline, Waylon, Johnny, and yep, Willie too! :tiphat:

Excellent taste! And I do love the classics. My husband was making fun of me the other day for wearing my Stones VooDoo Lounge Tour t-shirt from 1994. Hey, it's still in semi-decent condition and I refuse to get rid of it :)

I just found my Journey t-shirt from the mid=80's! Looks tiny though :(

crop/hail":3tb7x88m said:
If you enjoy classic rock as I do and older country/western you might check out Texas/ Red Dirt type of music. Some really good stuff in my opinion. I cant stand new pop country and I despise pop and hip hop. so I like texas/ red dirt music. Bands like Turnpike troubadours, Jason Boland and the stragglers, Ryan Bingham, Stoney Larue are some of my favorites

Have you heard Jake Hooker?

LazyARanch":26xuveyd said:
I listen to a lot of rock music, don't like the real hard head-banging stuff but I do like Disturbed (watch the video for their cover of The Sounds of Silence), Collective Soul, Shinedown, Avenged Sevenfold, Audioslave, The Black Keys, Breaking Benjamin, Chevelle, Foo Fighters, Godsmack, Imagine Dragons, Redlight Kings, Pop Evil and Papa Roach to name a few. I don't like EVERYTHING they sing but I pick what I like and make my own playlists. I also listen to a lot of Classic Rock such as the Eagles, and a lot of classic country from Patsy Cline, Waylon, Johnny, and yep, Willie too! :tiphat:

Good choices. I have XM and they broadcast the Rock on the Range concert that was cool. I got to hear Disturbed, 5 Finger Death Punch, Lamb of God, Pop Evil and a few others. I wish I could listen to the entire concert I missed some good bands like MGK, Zombie, RHCP, Deftones, Megadeth, Bullet for My Valentine, Trivium, and Sick Puppies. I hope XM broadcast it in 2017 I read Metallica, Soundgarden, Korn, Bush, Chevelle and Suicide Silence are going to be there.

crop/hail":gi77xo4m said:
If you enjoy classic rock as I do and older country/western you might check out Texas/ Red Dirt type of music. Some really good stuff in my opinion. I cant stand new pop country and I despise pop and hip hop. so I like texas/ red dirt music. Bands like Turnpike troubadours, Jason Boland and the stragglers, Ryan Bingham, Stoney Larue are some of my favorites
I have Texas red dirt on my pandora stations. Plays a lot you mentioned above.
Cheap Bourbon Whiskey and Pearl Snap Shirts is dang hard to beat.
I also have the other CCR, Cross Canadian Ragweed on pandora. Get lots of good stuff there.
Pandora is much better than Sirius.

jedstivers":1qy7n20l said:
crop/hail":1qy7n20l said:
I have Texas red dirt on my pandora stations. Plays a lot you mentioned above.
Cheap Bourbon Whiskey and Pearl Snap Shirts is dang hard to beat.
I also have the other CCR, Cross Canadian Ragweed on pandora. Get lots of good stuff there.
Pandora is much better than Sirius.

I'm with you two! And I agree Pandora is much better than Sirius. Every station on Sirius plays crap half the time. My wife likes listening to The Pulse channel on XM and most of that music literally make me nauseous with the way the music seems to wave in and out. Makes it tough traveling with her. The best two would probably be Classic Rewind and Prime Country. Best bet though is Cross Canadian Ragweed on Pandora!

Daryl Dodd
Texas/red dirt
Waylon
Colt ford (don't listen there long)
Chris Stapleton
Drive by truckers
Otis Redding
Pink Floyd
Blackberry smoke
Black crows
Jason Boland
Cross Canadian ragweed
Southern rock
70's Rock
Jerry reed
Classic rock
Old crow medicine show
Lynyard skynyrd
Outlaw country
Ray Wylie Hubbard
Country classic
Western swing

ROCK plays in my barn every nite the BOSS -Seeger-Mellencamp-Tom Peatty to name a few
I also heard this song today Photograph by Ed Sheeran I like it-so I like a lot of different kind of music
Got my ear buds in now listening to it

jedstivers":3942333o said:
Daryl Dodd
Texas/red dirt
Waylon
Colt ford (don't listen there long)
Chris Stapleton
Drive by truckers
Otis Redding
Pink Floyd
Blackberry smoke
Black crows
Jason Boland
Cross Canadian ragweed
Southern rock
70's Rock
Jerry reed
Classic rock
Old crow medicine show
Lynyard skynyrd
Outlaw country
Ray Wylie Hubbard
Country classic
Western swing

We have very similar taste in music!!! This looks almost exactly like my Pandora list. I listen to Pandora all day long in the Summer when I'm plowing to get ready to plant wheat.

Pandora thumbprint feature is fantastic. Filters music to you based on music and artists you gave the thumbs up to. Have a very wide variance of music and artists on my pandora, the thumbprint mixes things up nicely (especially while driving).
Had the pleasure of seeing CCR back in 07. Heck of a good show.

CCR, Floyd, Stones, The Animals, Bad Company, Jimi, Zepplin, The Who, Heart, Cream... the list goes on.

I think the new stuff doesn't have the same sound because they've gone full digital in recording.
The old crackle, hiss, heavy mid give the old songs heart.

Latest posts