Buying Greenland.......

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Son of Butch said:
100 billion tops
Greenland's total GDP 1.85 billion per year x 50 years = 92.5 billion dollars

Denmark rejected 100 million dollar offer in 1946.
Greenland' is a debtor nation and currently owes Denmark 480 million dollars.
That would be a good buy IMO........

Stocker Steve said:
The Vikings failed in Greenland for several reasons - - including overgrazing their pastures. CT could fix this!
Really don't know they failed several theories suggest the economics for staying diminished. They made it for four centuries.
The most interesting was from the decline of the ivory market.

Why do you even have to bother with canada, who cares, sorry to say but our border to the south means a hell of alot more.

Caustic Burno" Really don't know they failed several theories suggest the economics for staying diminished. They made it for four centuries. The most interesting was from the decline of the ivory market. [/quote said:
Greenlanders died. They did not move back to Iceland.

Ivory tusk trade is interesting, in part, because their traditional farming and hunting was just not enough.

Resistance to fishing, resistance to intermarrying with the Eskimos, and too many cows :shock: , sealed their fate. Can we learn from this?

Interesting read

https://icelandmag.is/article/what-happened-viking-settlement-greenland-new-research-shows-cooling-weather-not-a-factor

The Viking history has been a interest on mine for years being my surname is old Norse, and is very rare.

hurleyjd said:
Conservative: a person who is averse to change and holds traditional values.

Liberal: a supporter of a political and social philosophy that promotes individual rights, civil liberties, democracy, and free enterprise.

libertarian: an advocate or supporter of a political philosophy that advocates only minimal state intervention in the free market and the private lives of citizens.

Now that I got that out of the way to the bankers and ex bankers on here what would America's FICA score be if you were going to loan America money.

The only way one could believe what you wrote is they had to be educated beyond their intelligence. Liberals have not been supportive of individual rights or liberties in my life time and free enterprise....stop being stupid. Stupid is a choice and you're choosing to be stupid.

Caustic Burno said:
Interesting read

https://icelandmag.is/article/what-happened-viking-settlement-greenland-new-research-shows-cooling-weather-not-a-factor

The Viking history has been a interest on mine for years being my surname is old Norse, and is very rare.

An OK article, but w/o guns and steel, sometimes the Indians just win.

CreekAngus said:
hurleyjd said:
Conservative: a person who is averse to change and holds traditional values.

Liberal: a supporter of a political and social philosophy that promotes individual rights, civil liberties, democracy, and free enterprise.

libertarian: an advocate or supporter of a political philosophy that advocates only minimal state intervention in the free market and the private lives of citizens.

Now that I got that out of the way to the bankers and ex bankers on here what would America's FICA score be if you were going to loan America money.

The only way one could believe what you wrote is they had to be educated beyond their intelligence. Liberals have not been supportive of individual rights or liberties in my life time and free enterprise....stop being stupid. Stupid is a choice and you're choosing to be stupid.
Being able to call someone stupid because of their philosophy is one of the traditional values espoused by a Conservative. What ever go for it some people cannot be helped. Your MAGA hat may be getting to tight they are adjustable you know to fit any size head.

hurleyjd said:
Donald needs to borrow some cash from Russia and the Saudis and buy it for himself.
After all his buddy Epstein had is only private Island.
The only island Trump would be interested in buying for himself is Manhattan Island. :)

#1 GDP per person in the nation at 378k each or 630 billion in total.

Caustic Burno said:
Interesting read

Sorry CB but that surname is NOT Norse. It's more like "Cro-magnon"......might even go back as for as Neanderthal :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :hide:

TexasBred said:
Caustic Burno said:
Interesting read

Sorry CB but that surname is NOT Norse. It's more like "Cro-magnon"......might even go back as for as Neanderthal :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :hide:

You could be right, there was less than three hundred recorded last census.

Joke asker: Want to hear a joke Mr. President.
President: Yes
Joke asker: Greenland
President: I do not get it.

He's such a deal maker, I'm really surprised that they didn't just fall all over themselves just to be close to the chosen one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts