buying cows

Help Support CattleToday:

bigbull338

Reaction score
well im thinking bout buying some more reg beefmasters.found some cows for sale that are 4 to 7yrs old.an they are bred 6 to 7 months give or take.an the guy wants $1500 ea.but im undecided because i cant personally look at them.i have a good friend that may look at them thurs.an call me with his thoughts on the cattle.he said they was to high.an that i could get 2 at the sale in 3wks worth the money.i have to watch the cows ages that i buy.because i could be culling them at the sametime.

Sounds like you already know what you should do. You didnt say anything good about the ones you can't see, but did about the ones you could get in 3 weeks. Cows are an investment, why invest in something you can't see and have been told are not worth the money, when you could wait and get something better?

Just my 2cents.

Ryan

ryan im sending a friend to look at the cows that are for sale.an i trust his knowlage of beefmasters.since he has been breedinf them for 25yrs.he just thinks ill be able to steal some cows at the sale.

now you 2 above all know the cows are where i blow my money.an i take a gamble hoping the calf can pay for the momma.

bigbull338":31eyuxn6 said:
now you 2 above all know the cows are where i blow my money.an i take a gamble hoping the calf can pay for the momma.

BB..I'm just hoping someday to make it to your neck of the woods and see those beauties out on pasture. I know they will be good cause I don't think you buy no junk. :lol:

with what im doing i cant afford to buy junk.because junk dont throw herd bull prospects.an ive got a 4 month old herd bull prospect on his momma right now.i hate selling them top heifers to.but i get top money for them.

Latest posts