Bull buying mission

Help Support CattleToday:

gcreekrch

Reaction score
After steers were weighed yesterday I made a 4.5 hour trip north and west to look at private treaty bulls. This will be the fourth year buying from this breeder. We walked the pens, had a great visit and I wrote down comments on about 20 bulls on a clear -14 c morning. Went to the office and made a short list of 7 bulls that I wanted. She asked if I had looked at the prices on them and I said no but they will average out. Added up and divided by 7 came to $7350 apiece. Made the three yearling steers per bull rule come into place. Forgot to take photos but I will have some forwarded me in a couple days. I like owning good bulls. Cows can be cheap but never scrimp on bulls!

Shoot, 4 hrs north of Gcreek is still 4 hrs south of me!
Hey, I gotta ask... If I wanted to come into Canada do I have to have a reason? Do you know? We were thinking about crossing somewhere north of Montana and heading west to Vancouver and then down into Seattle just to the country a little this summer. I haven't checked anything out yet but wondering with all the covid crap and such.

Hey, I gotta ask... If I wanted to come into Canada do I have to have a reason? Do you know? We were thinking about crossing somewhere north of Montana and heading west to Vancouver and then down into Seattle just to the country a little this summer. I haven't checked anything out yet but wondering with all the covid crap and such.
Most tourists don't need a reason other than to see real live Canadians. Not sure the plague rules.

I just got back from Peter Ulrich's dispersal sale in Alberta. I got the metaphorical colonoscopy at Coutts. I guess they didn't believe that someone would drive up from California to buy cows.

Latest posts