Buying Angus AI certificates

Help Support CattleToday:

Sometimes you can buy them directly from the owner of the bull and maybe get a little price break

Cormac":1fghtkvo said:
Is there a better way to buy certificates to save money or is pricing pretty much cut and dried?

If you're using bulls from an AI stud, prices are pretty much cut and dried. If you're using young bulls, contact the owner and ask. We've had people trying to get their bulls used, offer us semen for free and a discounted AI certificate.

Thanks dun and Frankie. There are quantity breaks on semen and other deals. One bulls semen is listed at $30, a rep quoted $40. A friend used connections and quantity buys and got it for less than $20. Before I start buying the certs. (I have calves on the ground), I wanted to see if there are better ways to buy.

Cormac":2tk9incj said:
Thanks dun and Frankie. There are quantity breaks on semen and other deals. One bulls semen is listed at $30, a rep quoted $40. A friend used connections and quantity buys and got it for less than $20. Before I start buying the certs. (I have calves on the ground), I wanted to see if there are better ways to buy.

Shop around, prices vary on semen and certificates from one place to the other, I've seen some places charging $20 for a certificate, and others charge $50 for the same one.

RD-Sam":391junmw said:
Cormac":391junmw said:

Shop around, prices vary on semen and certificates from one place to the other, I've seen some places charging $20 for a certificate, and others charge $50 for the same one.

What places are you talking about? Costco and Walmart? :)

Latest posts