Bush memoirs

Help Support CattleToday:

Isomade":3s791uax said:
gimpyrancher":3s791uax said:
Interesting. Can't claim that Obama is responsible for what Bush did yet we see so many that want to blame him for our present state of affairs. Well, except for him Obama keeping many of the Bush crew that got us here.

It's interesting also that Clinton passed the credit fiasco and BushX2 had 16 years to correct them and now they claim it wasn't their fault. Oh well. Bottom line is we are all worse off after the last 18 years. :compute:
Ummm...could you explain where you get 16 years? You are aware that Bush was President of the USA right? We have a 2 term limit of 4 years each which equals 8 years. If you are combining the two Bush presidents they had a total of 12 years. George HW Bush was only in for one term, and that was before Clinton.

HEY what the heck do you think you are doing. For cryin out loud do not confuse ole gimpy with your ability to add.

................actually why bother, it won't make a bit of difference in how he perceives the world. You may as well save your breath.

BTW this thread was about his book, not how anyone feels about him or his presidency. We better get back to that before this thread gets locked down tight.

3waycross":1lulehpx said:
gimpyrancher":1lulehpx said:
Interesting. Can't claim that Obama is responsible for what Bush did yet we see so many that want to blame him for our present state of affairs. Well, except for him Obama keeping many of the Bush crew that got us here.

It's interesting also that Clinton passed the credit fiasco and BushX2 had 16 years to correct them and now they claim it wasn't their fault. Oh well. Bottom line is we are all worse off after the last 18 years. :compute:

Well I guess we all know how your bread is buttered. Take heart though. All of us Bush supporters just came around because of your little diatribe. We are converted :banana:

What? converted...not me.

If you can read this thank a teacher...If what you read critisized the government or the elected officials thank those that have worn or wear our Nation's colors. As a veteran I thank those that served before me and those who serve with me now!

President Bush's book will be a good read i am sure. He is a good man who did the best he could do while President. That office takes a lot of heat for many occurances that are out of their control.

The person holding that office is just as human as any of us and if they make the same human mistakes we make then do we hold ourselves to the same standard of accoutability? Or do we simply judge them?

As we judge so shall we be judged...seems like i read that somewhere before.

IMHO the biggest change to our government over the past 12-16 years that has hurt our nation and our economy is the unfair trade laws that put us in a negative position in the world economy. Laws such as NAFTA have killed the American economy. We now import the majority of consummable goods we use and export the majority of the jobs that were industrial factory jobs to foreign countries that do not have the enviromental laws we do.

What we export goods wise to foreign coutries is taxed heavily by those countries so their people buy domestic products. What we import is taxed significantly lower. You don't hear this in the news when talk is made about trade deficits with say China, Korea and other Asian nations. Why? The answer is simple. It is perfectly legal for Industry to commit as much money as they want to as many political election campaign funds as they want and gues what? They get the same tax credit for it that you or I do.

hillbillycwo,

As for teachers, there's a difference between when we got an education and what our kids are getting. Just look at our educational ranking. Teachers are not the problem. Politicians are.
Since this is reportedly a Cattle/farming Board, over the last 50 years, how have politics effected the cattle/farming business? Are we in better shape or worse? Even compared to other chosen professions?
I'm neither a Rep or Dem anymore. Neither one represents me anymore. Neither does the Tea Party, Green party or any of the other parties.
The Ultra Rich (the top 5% of U.S. citizens) have gotten substantially richer, the bottom 95% of the rest of us have become far poorer. The middle class have almost been eliminated. We've never seen any positive trickle down effect. The cost of government has gone up substantially and the failure of government programs and protections have far outpaced that growth increase.
Funny how an entire industry (ranching/farming) can be so negatively impacted yet some continue to support those that did this to "us."
Yup, I'm the identifiable problem with this state of affairs. :wave:

Ordered my copy for the library the other day. I get first dibs. Honestly, it seems like it's gonna be an interesting read.

gimpyrancher":6n3ne1cv said:
hillbillycwo,

As for teachers, there's a difference between when we got an education and what our kids are getting. Just look at our educational ranking. Teachers are not the problem. Politicians are.
Since this is reportedly a Cattle/farming Board, over the last 50 years, how have politics effected the cattle/farming business? Are we in better shape or worse? Even compared to other chosen professions?
I'm neither a Rep or Dem anymore. Neither one represents me anymore. Neither does the Tea Party, Green party or any of the other parties.
The Ultra Rich (the top 5% of U.S. citizens) have gotten substantially richer, the bottom 95% of the rest of us have become far poorer. The middle class have almost been eliminated. We've never seen any positive trickle down effect. The cost of government has gone up substantially and the failure of government programs and protections have far outpaced that growth increase.
Funny how an entire industry (ranching/farming) can be so negatively impacted yet some continue to support those that did this to "us."
Yup, I'm the identifiable problem with this state of affairs. :wave:

The poverty rate has stayed roughly the same (12 to 14%) over the last 40 years. If the poverty rate has remained stable and the middle class has shrank it is because more middle class folks have moved into the upper class ranks. This tells me that for folks that want to succeed the opportunity is still there. I am not participating in the economic downturn. I am making more money now than ever in spite of the government. That is until I am deemed unworthy to have earned the money and my taxes are raised to punish my hard work. You will really love those Dems when you get ready to hand that farm down to your children.......the 60% inheritance tax will turn your farm into a sub-division.

Anybody that thinks one side of that bunch of crooks is any better than the other needs the blinders off. We got the best politicans that big money can buy in this country.

Red Bull Breeder":32zasg31 said:
Anybody that thinks one side of that bunch of crooks is any better than the other needs the blinders off. We got the best politicans that big money can buy in this country.

Sadly that's true. We no longer have political parties, what we have is separate branch's of big government.

Larry

1982vett":4iorpy7g said:
townfarmer":4iorpy7g said:
What's an inheritance tax??

Andrew

It is what a government takes from your heirs when you die. Even if you don't leave them in your will.

Ouch!!! That's enough to make you want to go back to the old days of having your money in a suitcase under the bed. Sounds like a good incentive to blow the kids inheritance with a lavish lifestyle before you die rather than give it all to the government.

Andrew

People like to generalize when bashing politicians. Its much harder to be specific. Congress writes the laws. They also write the budget.

Walt

townfarmer":1l1nfswv said:
1982vett":1l1nfswv said:
townfarmer":1l1nfswv said:

Andrew

It is what a government takes from your heirs when you die. Even if you don't leave them in your will.

Ouch!!! That's enough to make you want to go back to the old days of having your money in a suitcase under the bed. Sounds like a good incentive to blow the kids inheritance with a lavish lifestyle before you die rather than give it all to the government.

Andrew

We have the bumper sticker,( I'm blowing the kids inheritance) and a lot do just that.

townfarmer":1fgdai18 said:
1982vett":1fgdai18 said:
townfarmer":1fgdai18 said:

Andrew

Andrew
Problem is inflation can get it while it is under the bed.