George Bush

Help Support CattleToday:

inyati13

Reaction score
Half the US population probably shook President Bush's hand. The guy on the right does not need introduction, the guy on the other end is my brother who is one year my senior.
We kidded him, he did not have to make it look that painful.
ek3g5s.jpg

I like George, I thought he did a good job. Some people don't and I always think even if you don't think he was a good president, isn't it worth something that he was a good person?

I heard a guy on the radio the other day that has wrote a book about how presidents are when there not being watched, he had gathered alot of information from people who had worked in the White House and had been around alot of them, he was not really going about it from a left or right point of view and I think it whent back about 50 years.

Not surprising to me bush was thought of as one of the nicest, also his dad, reagen and ford. They said That the worst to have to work for we're Obama and Clinton, not surprising either.

One that did seem surprising to some people was carter, of course he was one of the worst presidents ever until Obama, but alot of people did think he was a nice person, turns out he was very rude to his people and also pretty fake.

Didn't mean to get to political, just something I heard that i found interesting and seemed like it whent along in this conversation.

When I was in grade school I got to meet Ronald Reagan and shake his hand when he was stumping at the fair grounds. He was running for POTUS against Carter. I'll never forget how he cocked his head to one side and asked what I wanted to be when I grew up.......I don't know why I said it but I said the first thing that popped into my head.....I said I wanted to be a meter reader :oops: He just laughed and said that I could read the meter on the White House if he won. He seemed genuine to an 11 year old and kids are harder to fool.

A friend of mine met GWB at a no press allowed fund raiser when he was running for his 2nd term. My friends and co-worker's son, in his early twenties at the time, was sitting at the same table as GWB and the young man was looking angry and fidgety because he was battling drug addiction and was in forced rehab. Anyway GWB asked him what his troubles were. The young man finally broke down and told him about his drug addiction. GWB took him by the hand and told him that he needed Christ and offered to pray for him. My friends son agreed. George actually knelt down on one knee next to him and prayed for his salvation first and then asked God to help him in his recovery. It was a big turning point in the young man's life. He is a successful business man now. He owns a new car dealership. If the press would have been in the room they would have beat W to death with his faith. I disagreed with W on many things but I think, policies aside, that he is a very good person morally and has a good heart as well.

I hung out with Dan Quayle one afternoon in Fresno California. He had an heir about him. I got the feeling he thought he was better than me.

That's a great story about him Hoss. W is one person I would like to meet. I have a lot of admiration for him and Mrs. Bush. I didn't see eye to eye with him on everything, but I think he is a good man and truly loved this country and it's people.

Standing from a distance, I can see which ones I like and those I don't. They all have puppet strings attached, and I have always preferred those that jerk the puppet master from his perch. It's more than just a job being President.

HOSS":ktcnlj1z said:
When I was in grade school I got to meet Ronald Reagan and shake his hand when he was stumping at the fair grounds. He was running for POTUS against Carter. I'll never forget how he cocked his head to one side and asked what I wanted to be when I grew up.......I don't know why I said it but I said the first thing that popped into my head.....I said I wanted to be a meter reader :oops: He just laughed and said that I could read the meter on the White House if he won. He seemed genuine to an 11 year old and kids are harder to fool.

A friend of mine met GWB at a no press allowed fund raiser when he was running for his 2nd term. My friends and co-worker's son, in his early twenties at the time, was sitting at the same table as GWB and the young man was looking angry and fidgety because he was battling drug addiction and was in forced rehab. Anyway GWB asked him what his troubles were. The young man finally broke down and told him about his drug addiction. GWB took him by the hand and told him that he needed Christ and offered to pray for him. My friends son agreed. George actually knelt down on one knee next to him and prayed for his salvation first and then asked God to help him in his recovery. It was a big turning point in the young man's life. He is a successful business man now. He owns a new car dealership. If the press would have been in the room they would have beat W to death with his faith. I disagreed with W on many things but I think, policies aside, that he is a very good person morally and has a good heart as well.
Thanks for sharing that Hoss. I saved it. Helps me to realize it wasn't that long ago this Nation was in caring hands.

Is that AF One in the background? I saw it once--siting on the tarmac--that's as close as I ever got to meeting a POTUS.

From all the accounts I've read, LBJ and Nixon were among the hardest presidents to work for.
I indirectly worked for both while in the military 60s-70s, so I heartily agree with the accounts I read.

That's a great picture Ron!!

greybeard":4k79y3l7 said:
Is that AF One in the background? I saw it once--siting on the tarmac--that's as close as I ever got to meeting a POTUS.

From all the accounts I've read, LBJ and Nixon were among the hardest presidents to work for.
I indirectly worked for both while in the military 60s-70s, so I heartily agree with the accounts I read.

That's a great picture Ron!!
Yes, he was passing through Cincinnati and the local elected officials were informed they could get a few minutes time with him at the airport. My brother has been the elected County Judge Executive for about 20 years. He brags that he has raised property taxes every term and they still vote him back in. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts