George HW Bush

Help Support CattleToday:

I guess what I remember most about him is his words when running ''NO NEW TAXES'' then gets in office and what does he do TAXES

He was a dedicated servant to our country having served over 70 years in Public Service. He despised Bill Clinton after the Lewinsky scandal. But, while they were on a trip to Asia for humanitarian purposes, Clinton allowed George H.W. Bush, to sleep on the plane's only bed while Clinton slept on the floor. They became fast friends after that. Bush was a class act that we all could take a lesson from.

Like has already been said by many he was a class act. There is an old saying that can definitely be said of him, If there were more people like him the world would be a better place. Regardless of politics, I have always thought he was a man of character, that truly cared about people. I heard him campaigning on tv once say something to the affect of that he would like to see a kinder, gentler America. Fast forward to today, I think if folks, my self included could always strive to be that then we would be much better off.

Real good guy and one of the great Presidents
Many don't realize that Bush saved the US from a financial issue from the S&L problem. It started under Regan in 1982. He didn't want to raise taxes but had to in order to divert a collapse. He was never able to take credit for it and cost his second term

Eulogies will be given by President George W. Bush, former Prime Minister Brian Mulroney of Canada and former Senator Alan Simpson, Republican of Wyoming. Looking forward to seeing Senator Alan Simpson.

AllDodge":1s5hwtz4 said:
Real good guy and one of the great Presidents
Many don't realize that Bush saved the US from a financial issue from the S&L problem. It started under Regan in 1982. He didn't want to raise taxes but had to in order to divert a collapse. He was never able to take credit for it and cost his second term
Also instead of a bailout he shut the broke suckers down and sold off the assets. No depositor lost a penny.

I know it probably wouldn't be something a lot of people would do, but I sure wish I had paid closer attention to the news and schedule. I would have driven the 30 miles over to Tomball or Spring yesterday and watched the train carrying President Bush to his final Earthly resting place. My father & mother had seen FDR's funeral train as it approached Washington DC where he was stationed in 1945 and they spoke of how difficult it was to digest and what it meant to them.
(They were both Democrats, but in the middle of the war, I don't think it mattered much how one voted. His death really stunned the whole country.)

greybeard":3jkn1xhf said:
I know it probably wouldn't be something a lot of people would do, but I sure wish I had paid closer attention to the news and schedule. I would have driven the 30 miles over to Tomball or Spring yesterday and watched the train carrying President Bush to his final Earthly resting place. My father & mother had seen FDR's funeral train as it approached Washington DC where he was stationed in 1945 and they spoke of how difficult it was to digest and what it meant to them.
(They were both Democrats, but in the middle of the war, I don't think it mattered much how one voted. His death really stunned the whole country.)

I told the wife we should have gone to watch the train as well. Could have caught up with the grandkids at A&M.
He was the last of the greatest generation to be president.
Being today is Pearl Harbor Day and how much that impacted my dad and uncles. That generation saw some tough stuff two World Wars, Great Depression Korean conflict. They went from horse and buggy to man on the moon.

slick4591":3c8cttrg said:
nice picture , like it when people remove their hat and show respect, for anyone as far as that goes. I would have like to rode up and been there with them men and I'm not a fan of the Bushes as for what they did as Presidents, but sure respect Bush 41 for other things he did for our Country.

Latest posts