Bush memoirs

Help Support CattleToday:

townfarmer

Reaction score
Looks like that could be a good read. Has anyone purchased it or planning to? I wouldn't mind reading it. I think it could be quite interesting.

Andrew

townfarmer":3e0uk9fc said:
Looks like that could be a good read. Has anyone purchased it or planning to? I wouldn't mind reading it. I think it could be quite interesting.

Andrew

I saw him on TV yesterday discussing it. It does sound like it would be very informative reading.

I also am looking forward to reading it. I thought he carried himself well with Matt Lauer. He sure didn't let Lauer rope him into commenting on the Mosque issue. I think he has decided that the less he says the less there is for the media to use against him.

I loved the part where he called Conye West, Conway West. Pure vintage Bush,LOLOL

3waycross":2akpdzk9 said:
I also am looking forward to reading it. I thought he carried himself well with Matt Lauer. He sure didn't let Lauer rope him into commenting on the Mosque issue. I think he has decided that the less he says the less there is for the media to use against him.

I loved the part where he called Conye West, Conway West. Pure vintage Bush,LOLOL

Even if it did make Conway roll over.

I think this book has appeal regardless of which side of politics you lean toward. Love him or hate him he's an intriguing character.

Andrew

Lammie":3pmjscwq said:
My question is whether the book is comic or coloring...
It's very factual until he gets to 2006 when he started trying to deal with all the comedians the Democrats elected and then it became almost comical. I'm sure he probably included a few pictures to be colored by them as well so they would sort of get the general idea of what it's like to be President. Maybe he'll send them all autographed copies since most are now unemployed and have so much time on their hands.

TexasBred":swam0us9 said:
Lammie":swam0us9 said:
It's very factual until he gets to 2006 when he started trying to deal with all the comedians the Democrats elected and then it became almost comical. I'm sure he probably included a few pictures to be colored by them as well so they would sort of get the general idea of what it's like to be President. Maybe he'll send them all autographed copies since most are now unemployed and have so much time on their hands.

Is the unemployed or unemployable or just don't want to work?

Jogeephus":lj1mtybb said:
TexasBred":lj1mtybb said:
Lammie":lj1mtybb said:

Is the unemployed or unemployable or just don't want to work?
Joe...unfortunately I did read yesterday that several have already registered as "Washington lobbyiest". That to me says they just don't want to work. But they are for sale. Sort of like a prostitute.

TexasBred":2kgpzqeg said:
Sort of like a prostitute.

At least with a prostitute someone is satisfied...

I'll be reading the book; I think it would be intersting to understand what's going through the mind of someone who runs the most powerful office in the world. I can't remember any other recent president that had to deal with so much catastrophic events like 43 did. Like him or not, he obviously has morals, and he did what he thought was right - not for political reasons, but because he thought it was the right thing to do. How many politicians can say that?

Bought it today. It will take me a while to read I have a lot on my plate but am looking forward to what he has to say.

cypressfarms":2f0yg76v said:
TexasBred":2f0yg76v said:
Sort of like a prostitute.

At least with a prostitute someone is satisfied...

I'll be reading the book; I think it would be intersting to understand what's going through the mind of someone who runs the most powerful office in the world. I can't remember any other recent president that had to deal with so much catastrophic events like 43 did. Like him or not, he obviously has morals, and he did what he thought was right - not for political reasons, but because he thought it was the right thing to do. How many politicians can say that?
He made some decisions I didn't like, But I agree with you that he has morals, and that rates a man pretty high in my book.

Let's see. When the first Bush took office the price of gas was $1.46 a gallon, the unemployment rate was in the very low single digit and there was almost no National Debt. When the second Bush left office he left a significant double digit unemployment, multiple expensive wars, 4000 dead soldiers and over 30,000 newly disabled vets, insurance company policy crisis, banks were dropping like flies, a National Debt unheard of in our history, a recession worse than the 30's depression, and the price of gas was almost $4.00 per gallon. The Cattle and Ag businesses have never been challenged like they were when he left office.

Exactly what could he possibly say in print that he hasn't already said with presidential action? I'm sorry? :help:

gimpyrancher":1ps1j5bj said:
Let's see. When the first Bush took office the price of gas was $1.46 a gallon, the unemployment rate was in the very low single digit and there was almost no National Debt. When the second Bush left office he left a significant double digit unemployment, multiple expensive wars, 4000 dead soldiers and over 30,000 newly disabled vets, insurance company policy crisis, banks were dropping like flies, a National Debt unheard of in our history, a recession worse than the 30's depression, and the price of gas was almost $4.00 per gallon. The Cattle and Ag businesses have never been challenged like they were when he left office.

Exactly what could he possibly say in print that he hasn't already said with presidential action? I'm sorry? :help:
Bush gets blamed for alot that he didn't have control over especially the banking collapse (Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac)
Clinton passed the laws to lower credit requirements when he was in office and they didn't take effect till after he left office

Interesting. Can't claim that Obama is responsible for what Bush did yet we see so many that want to blame him for our present state of affairs. Well, except for him Obama keeping many of the Bush crew that got us here.

It's interesting also that Clinton passed the credit fiasco and BushX2 had 16 years to correct them and now they claim it wasn't their fault. Oh well. Bottom line is we are all worse off after the last 18 years. :compute:

gimpyrancher":2lwryd6p said:
Interesting. Can't claim that Obama is responsible for what Bush did yet we see so many that want to blame him for our present state of affairs. Well, except for him Obama keeping many of the Bush crew that got us here.

It's interesting also that Clinton passed the credit fiasco and BushX2 had 16 years to correct them and now they claim it wasn't their fault. Oh well. Bottom line is we are all worse off after the last 18 years. :compute:

Well I guess we all know how your bread is buttered. Take heart though. All of us Bush supporters just came around because of your little diatribe. We are converted :banana:

3waycross":2jn1vi59 said:
gimpyrancher":2jn1vi59 said:

Well I guess we all know how your bread is buttered. Take heart though. All of us Bush supporters just came around because of your little diatribe. We are converted :banana:
3way one good thing...at least we won't have to worry about Osamabama writing a book since we've also lived everything he's done. Now Gimpy you know that unemployment was less than 8% when Bush left office and was well below 5% for most of his 2 terms;...they claim 9.6% now but it's closer to double that. National debt has doubled in the months Osamabama has been in office. If you didn't make money during Bush's tenure you'll never make any. As for the wars .... I for one think they're necessary. And everyone of those soldiers volunteered knowing where they would end up. Hate it that a single young soldier had to die but also have to remember that everyone is aware of that possible end when he/she joins. ain't you glad you can complain and make claims without being arrested and shot. Only in America

gimpyrancher":1597oiy4 said:

Ummm...could you explain where you get 16 years? You are aware that Bush was President of the USA right? We have a 2 term limit of 4 years each which equals 8 years. If you are combining the two Bush presidents they had a total of 12 years. George HW Bush was only in for one term, and that was before Clinton.

Latest posts