Bull lost his MoJo?

Help Support CattleToday:

HybridMike

Reaction score
I probably messed up. We put a 17 month old Brangus bull out last summer to clean up on 30 head of recips. I wasn't paying attention until He started losing weight. All the sudden I noticed he had no interest in following the new ones. We brought him up during mid fall. Wormed and vaccinated as well as giving multimin. He's been fed well for the past few months, now has the weight back as well as his cocky bull attitude. However, we put a couple cycling heifers in with him. Saw them mounting each other but not once did he mount one. He may have done so in the night but I'm doubting it. I know I pushed him to hard but did I totally ruin him? Is he finished? The vet is due out this week to do an exam on him.

A BSE will only gauge his fertility, not his Mojo. I have a stealth bull that does his best work at night so I rarely see him at work, but zero interest in a little heifer-on-heifer action while you're watching your bull is cause for concern. Have the vet preg check the heifers while he's out next week.

Had to sell our heifer bull last year . Bad back foot , 6 year old , limping badly and laying up in the shade . Just tagged his 9 th calf this morning . Don't know if the girls were coming to him for service or he was breeding at night and laying up in the day ? Had 4 born in 3 days .

Had to sell our heifer bull last year . Bad back foot , 6 year old , limping badly and laying up in the shade . Just tagged his 9 th calf this morning . Don't know if the girls were coming to him for service or he was breeding at night and laying up in the day ? Had 4 born in 3 days .
He's up to 15 !

Latest posts