Building a Longhorn Herd

Help Support CattleToday:

I mean, let's be real, at nearly half or more cow I could probably shake out some range cubes and you could shoot the butthead off my shoulder with a .22 short at 10 yards.
99.9% of the hogs I kill a year are with a 22LR.
That's a 100 to 200 every year.
I have shot a pile with buckshot as well, never kept one down yet.
I have rolled them up in a tight ball knocked them down with every shot for them to bounce up and run off.

Our

Our calves start at $2,500. Get a hamburger somewhere else LOL
Fool and money parting ways there. P.T. Barnum got it right about money. If you want to know the true
value of your cattle haul them to salebarn. That's where the rubber meets the road for everyone.

I mean, let's be real, at nearly half or more cow I could probably shake out some range cubes and you could shoot the butthead off my shoulder with a .22 short at 10 yards.
Next time you are looking for a good read, check out Bob Ruark. He was an author and journalist that went on many African safaris in the 1950s and 60s. He wrote several novels based on his experiences on safari. He published one "Use Enough Gun". It is a compilation of stories from his safaris. In it he explains where he got the title of the book. And why he has that philosophy .

Fool and money parting ways there. P.T. Barnum got it right about money. If you want to know the true
value of your cattle haul them to salebarn. That's where the rubber meets the road for everyone.
The price of anything is the amount of money that it would take to get the owner to give it up. The value of anything is the amount of money someone is willing to give up to aquire it. Whenever those 2 numbers come together, a deal is made. There is no more accurate way to determone true value of anythiong, than a public auction.

Land between the lakes st park, here in NW TN sell bison every year to keep the count low. They have a grazing herd for viewing that continue to multiply. You just have to make your fences a bit better......

Next time you are looking for a good read, check out Bob Ruark. He was an author and journalist that went on many African safaris in the 1950s and 60s. He wrote several novels based on his experiences on safari. He published one "Use Enough Gun". It is a compilation of stories from his safaris. In it he explains where he got the title of the book. And why he has that philosophy .
In most countries, outfitters are required by law to ensure the caliber of the weapon is matched to the quarry size, plus a qualified professional hunter has to be covering the prey in case of a wound shot.

The price of anything is the amount of money that it would take to get the owner to give it up. The value of anything is the amount of money someone is willing to give up to aquire it. Whenever those 2 numbers come together, a deal is made. There is no more accurate way to determone true value of anythiong, than a public auction.
Warren the only true value any bovine has any day is the cash it can be converted to at the barn now. The other is fishing and waiting for the bobber to go under.
I ran a registered herd for decades and played the game I played it well .
The only true value any of them have is what they through the ring. When you forget that now your bsing yourself as well.

Latest posts