Operating a North Central Texas Small Ranch 2 Hours from Home

Help Support CattleToday:

Do you have a place to stay on place in Graham? The company I work for has a Power Plant there. It's a couple older units though.

Funny thing is the neighborhood I live in has a little runway and several guys have planes. One neighbor flies to his place in Oklahoma to check cows.
See, you already have mentors, and a runway. With the important stuff already staged, and assuming you have no intention of ever growing up, you are well on your way to becoming a pilot.

Do you have a place to stay on place in Graham? The company I work for has a Power Plant there. It's a couple older units though.
sorry for the long delay in replying. I have a one room bunkhouse 'barndominium.' I had the outside buildt and my dad and I finished it out. It actually came out way better than I expected. A single person could live in it comfortably.

Are these older units moveable? Could they make decent deer lease sleeping quarters?

I am resurfacing! Am I the only one who finds November and December to be crazy busy. Between deer hunting my place and a deer lease 5 hours from home, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and maintaining the ranch 2 hours from home I am on the go all the time.

I have been working on building this little ranch up from nothing for the last few years. Chasing that dream I have had since I was a little boy., to be a rancher. In the last 2 months I have secured a grazing lease with my neighbor, been approved for a small livestock loan to buy 10 bred cows, and I have 12 kid goats and 5 calves on the ground. I think 2023 is the year I finally fulfilled that dream. I can't wait to get working on 2024.

I am lucky enough to have a guy checking his oil well every day. He has been a God send for me. Keeps an eye on things for me. Knows everybody. Good advice.
My daughter-in-law has family there in Graham, all of her mother's side of the family. They own a ranch and have their own drilling rigs. Their last names are Hays, I believe I heard them say it was the Wolfe ranch? I believe my daughter-in-laws grandmas maiden name was Wolfe. I've actually never met that side of her family but my son goes down there quite frequently and tells me about it. They have a house on the lake there in Graham that all of their family gathers at.

Latest posts