New Ranch in Central Texas

Help Support CattleToday:

DFfarm

Reaction score
My name is Victor, and I am just getting started with livestock on a small ranch in Wimberley, TX. After reading through a bunch of threads, I can see that this is a great place to learn from and engage with each other so I am really happy to have come across this community.

I am currently in the market for a bred Jersey heifer or similar breed. I have two angus steers moving on to the ranch in a little under a month, and I am hoping to have a dairy cow to join them. Since this will be my first dairy cow, I would also be happy to get one that has already had a calf and is confirmed to be pregnant again. I'm just not quite ready for a cow that is currently in milk.

I'm willing to travel a few hours in any direction to pick her up so if anybody in this general area can help point me in the right direction that would be great!

Thanks!

Welcome to the club. Put your location on your profile so people know how to answer any questions you have. You'd be surprised at how many questions need a location (weather, types of vegetation, temps) to give a good answer.

And tell us about your situation and what you want to achieve.

Welcome to the club. Put your location on your profile so people know how to answer any questions you have. You'd be surprised at how many questions need a location (weather, types of vegetation, temps) to give a good answer.

And tell us about your situation and what you want to achieve.
Thanks! I just added the location.

Latest posts