Building a cultivator?

Help Support CattleToday:

I haven't heated them yet, but the U bolts appear hopelessly frozen. It's 7' 2" wide. Even covers the tracks on my big tractor. I hope I can get it back going.

After the first round of heating and beating, the score stands at Cultivator 1 and Bigfoot 0.

Bigfoot":erag0sk0 said:
After the first round of heating and beating, the score stands at Cultivator 1 and Bigfoot 0.
you need some liquid nitrogen (ice water might work) heat it up real hot and cool it down real fast (just be careful of steam and splatter and what not)

ez14.":3f8o2tpc said:
M-5":3f8o2tpc said:
Need to cut off the ubolt and just replace them life is 2 short to worry about a 50cent u bolt
Or this :)

These U bolts seem to be specific to this piece of equipment. Not that another one wouldn't work, but I doubt it would work as well.

Bigfoot":riga60p6 said:
ez14.":riga60p6 said:
M-5":riga60p6 said:
Need to cut off the ubolt and just replace them life is 2 short to worry about a 50cent u bolt
Or this :)

These U bolts seem to be specific to this piece of equipment. Not that another one wouldn't work, but I doubt it would work as well.
What's special about them?

I'd just put on a new shank
S-460 haven steel shank

Should be available at most implement dealers

Finally found these, but they don't have the shank attached. Only $19. That's not bad, but without the shank, I have nothing. The shank cross posted, I don't think will work.

If you look closely at the L bracket, it has some small groves in it. My U bolts are beveled on the inside. The beveled edge fits in the grove. A normal U bolt might work. It may also allow the cultivator to be pulled right out as well. Only place I've found beveled U bolts is eBay. $8.50 each. Sounds expensive, but pulling shanks out in use could potentially get aggravating as well.