brush guards

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
Truck brush guards are worth their weight in gold. If you don't have one I would strongly suggest getting one. I smacked my first deer earlier tonight after 20 years of driving. The deer didn't make it and died on scene never making a step or flop my truck license plate was bent but that's all I saw.

Around here if you are driving at dusk without a bar you are guaranteed of major panel damage, kangaroos just jump straight in front of you so "bull bars" as we call them are mandatory equiptment in the bush here. Steel construction are the best and they have evolved over the years to be very strong yet light.
Ken

I hit a bear a couple years back, fresh blacktop at midnight with a black bear running away from you.. you don't see that til you're 10 feet behind him.. a couple months later I hit a deer, didn't quite kill it, but I by chance had my .22 with me and finished it off. By then my bumper was getting pretty banged up, so I built a new one out of 3/16th aluminum.. 50 lbs all said and done, and lots of crossbracing behind it.. didn't put brush bars on it, though I can if I want to

skyhightree1":rw5yipkt said:
Truck brush guards are worth their weight in gold. If you don't have one I would strongly suggest getting one. I smacked my first deer earlier tonight after 20 years of driving. The deer didn't make it and died on scene never making a step or flop my truck license plate was bent but that's all I saw.

Are you sure it was the brush guard that killed it or was it a small caliber bullet? Thought you might have caught it tearing up your fence :lol: :hide:

gus2121":34qrm26j said:
skyhightree1":34qrm26j said:

Are you sure it was the brush guard that killed it or was it a small caliber bullet? Thought you might have caught it tearing up your fence :lol: :hide:

:lol2: I wish it was a small caliber bullet and one of those fence busters I would have felt better about it.

skyhightree1":ztlzg5k3 said:
I got rearended by a one ton Dodge truck with one about 10 years ago.....totaled my truck...something poked a pin hole in his radiator that he had to get fixed. :lol: BTW he did get a ticket.

TexasBred":1ztf8dqe said:
skyhightree1":1ztf8dqe said:
I got rearended by a one ton Dodge truck with one about 10 years ago.....totaled my truck...something poked a pin hole in his radiator that he had to get fixed. :lol: BTW he did get a ticket.

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Latest posts