Broadus, Montana

Help Support CattleToday:

redneckcowgirlmn

Reaction score
Okay, I was wondering if anyone can tell me if they know a guy named Steve...apparently he owns 7,000 acres 16 miles southwest of Broadus, Montana, and runs a couple hundred head of black-white-faced cattle, has a few cutting horses, etc.Used to be an actor, was on a couple baywatch episodes...
My inquiry is because, my ex-husband just informed me that he was planning on moving my 7 year old son there, THIS FRIDAY.
(Besides all the legal reasons on why I have a problem with this, as we have joint legal and physical custody, I want to know if this is a real place, or if the ex is just up to his old c**p)
Now, my 7 year old son loves our horses,but is terrified of them. He admires them from afar. He is also scared of the 2 calves we have. My little boy, actually TOLD me that I am expected to load up MY horses, and drive them to MONTANA, from MINNESOTA, and GIVE them to him and his Dad.
:shock:
After I regained control from a laughing fit, and a long explanation about how "Dad" did not pay for my horses, "Dad" would have to buy his OWN horses, I'm trying to figure out what the heck my ex is thinking. So, sorry for rambling, just wondering if anyone has heard of this Ranch in Montana.

I know of Broadus , Montana. Our transmission blew in the middle of nowhere on one of the reservations about an hour or so from there. The tow truck driver came from Broadus. It was a service station with the nicest people. He towed our camper also and dropped us off at the little in town campground. He even offered for us to park it at their house while we had a new rebuilt transmission put in. This was quite a few years ago but I think I have a card around here someplace that I could find and you could call them. They were super nice people.
Broadus is a small town. We spent our days riding bikes around. There is alot of big ranches I am sure. Nothing but land out that way.

You might try asking that question on rancher.net. There are a lot more people from that part of the world on that site.

Dave":1broufg3 said:
You might try asking that question on rancher.net. There are a lot more people from that part of the world on that site.

tried googling that, got "no website found" for that. Suggestions? Thanks! :)

I am sorry you are having problems, but I have to say that reading sensitive and personal info like this on a public board makes me just slightly uncomfortable.

Gale Seddon":13igpasm said:
I am sorry you are having problems, but I have to say that reading sensitive and personal info like this on a public board makes me just slightly uncomfortable.

Sorry if I offended anyone, just looking for info, and it's so far past personal now, I guess it doesn't matter anymore what peoples' opinions are of me. I just don't want my child dragged off to the middle of God knows where, without knowing if it is a real place.

redneckcowgirlmn":3xf2lcbp said:
Gale Seddon":3xf2lcbp said:

Sorry if I offended anyone, just looking for info, and it's so far past personal now, I guess it doesn't matter anymore what peoples' opinions are of me. I just don't want my child dragged off to the middle of God knows where, without knowing if it is a real place.

Joint custody and physical custody should preclude this. If you don't want your son to go, stop it in its tracks right now.

Alice

redneckcowgirlmn":3bnqkqz0 said:
Gale Seddon":3bnqkqz0 said:

I'm not the least bit offended, and I fully understand your concern about your child. Just found it "odd" that you'd post this here. Sounds to me like you might want to get in touch with your attorney.

Gale Seddon":3r7vfblk said:
redneckcowgirlmn":3r7vfblk said:
Gale Seddon":3r7vfblk said:

I'm not the least bit offended, and I fully understand your concern about your child. Just found it "odd" that you'd post this here. Sounds to me like you might want to get in touch with your attorney.

Oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alice

have a meeting scheduled with the court mediator, just so you guys know that I'm not totally clueless, attorney will be there as well, all I was asking is if anyone has heard of or been to this guy "Steve's" ranch, and if it is a real place. :?:
Thanks.

Wish there was a bit more info on Steve...

I did try to google a ranch in broadus, montana belonging to an actor that had worked on bay watch...tried combinations of all kinds of things, but no luck.

Good luck...I'll bet things turn out ok for you and your son. I can certainly understand your worry.

Alice

Broadus in out in the middle of nowhere. My brother worked quite a bit down there we I'd go down antelope hunting. If you had more info on Steve we could help out a little more. There are quite a few "famous" type people (if that's what you want to call them) that are buying up ranches in that area of MT.

Bobg

It sounds like the perfect place to raise a kid. That is provided there is no emotional turmoil resulting from this.

backhoeboogie":1fodwceb said:
It sounds like the perfect place to raise a kid. That is provided there is no emotional turmoil resulting from this.

I tend to raise my eyebrows about an "actor" named Steve (no last name?) who appeared on Baywatch, of all things, now owning 7,000 acres of prime Montana property and someone wanting to up and move his 7 year old son there THIS Friday. I see red flags waving everywhere...

Alice

redneckcowgirlmn":1qp0b2w9 said:
Dave":1qp0b2w9 said:

tried googling that, got "no website found" for that. Suggestions? Thanks! :)

http://www.ranchers.net

try that....good board, good folks, happy to help ya out any way they can!! A few who might know folks in that neighborhood would be sw, hanta yo, oldtimer or faster horses!! good luck to you and best of luck in stopping this whole thing from happening!!!

Thank you so much, all! Went to the other board, nice group of people!

Update: He's going, BUT, I get him every holiday, and all summer. 'till 2 weeks before school starts again, Dad pays all his travel expenses, and decided not to take the horses.

I'll really miss him when he's not here, but, I guess I can't complain about the lifestyle he's moving to... what an education for a kid these days! He really wants to go, and I guess this is where the saying, "If you love someone, set him free" comes in. Easter's not THAT far away.... :roll:

He's a good kid, got his first trophy in a leadline class at 3, won the Wisconsin State Pedal Tractor Pull Championship as a 4 yr old in 2003, Helped spot, gut and drag back Mom's deer this year, got in trouble at school for tackling a bully twice his size, that was hitting a mildly autistic kid and calling him a "Retard", (Jess was so upset, he cried...felt so bad for the poor kid, who is now one of his closest friends.) (I got into it with the principal, for not disciplining the bully!)

Well, sorry for rambling, and posting personal stuff again, just had to get it off my chest. Thanks for reading. Gotta go chip ice out of buckets!

Brodus is a real place in Montana, prime country would be pushing it a lot. It's in the middle of nowhere, full of nice people and antelope and one cow for every 150 acres or so.

Sounds like a good place to raise a child. I'm sure BOTH of you love him and want whats best for him and that is all that is important.

Yep, we do both love him, and, like I said, it was a hard decision, but I think it is what's best for him. If I'm wrong, he can always come home.

Thanks to all who have given links to info on this, I appreciate it a lot.

Latest posts