Bred corrientes $400 a head

Help Support CattleToday:

DCA farm

Reaction score
Man got with me on Facebook asking me if I'd be interested in a small herd of corriente cows exposed to Charlios bull 130-140 days I went and looked at them all in good shape all gentle he's asking $400 a head said if I take them with in 3 days to get and they ain't bred he will give money back or question is do I wanna fool with this. I know the corriente cows bring roughly $400 at the sale barn so I don't see a loss on money and I've got the extra room and $400 a head is rather cheap but the bull they are with is a monster not sure how smaller cows will handle calves of a bull that big

His offer in the opens makes it more worth it. Those things are pretty fertile though. I bet most are bred.

Can you do it upon arrival? perhaps ask him if he wants the opens to go right to the sale barn and adjust price based on how much they get there.

If you've got the room and excess feed, I'd be tempted to do it too.. how many are we talking about?
Is the weather going to cooperate during calving time where you live?

Nesikep said:
Can you do it upon arrival? perhaps ask him if he wants the opens to go right to the sale barn and adjust price based on how much they get there.

If you've got the room and excess feed, I'd be tempted to do it too.. how many are we talking about?
Is the weather going to cooperate during calving time where you live?
11 head and yes I live in Louisiana not to worried with bad calving weather

After talking with some local guys I was informed that the person selling them
Has a bad habit of stretching the truth and that he normally buys cheap bred cows at sale puts them with his bulls and says they are bred to his bulls when there is actually no telling what they are bred to.

Looks like you dodged a bullet there. Some of the "shady" buyers around here do that crap too.

Latest posts