Brangus Bull with horns

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Hi all! I am new here. I have a Brangus bull aged 2 yo and it is not so black like other Brangus. I just purchased it from a local barn here in Malaysia. The problem is it comes with horns whereas the standard of Brangus that I know shall never have horns. I must say that it is a cross one. My concern is that whether its offspring will come with horns too? And if I were to cross it with red or white cows what will the colour of the offsprings be? TQ

kamalbashanasir":133w4wu3 said:
Hi all! I am new here. I have a Brangus bull aged 2 yo and it is not so black like other Brangus. I just purchased it from a local barn here in Malaysia. The problem is it comes with horns whereas the standard of Brangus that I know shall never have horns. I must say that it is a cross one. My concern is that whether its offspring will come with horns too? And if I were to cross it with red or white cows what will the colour of the offsprings be? TQ
If bred to horned cow yhey will have horns, heterozygous polled cows some of the calves could have horns. As to the color it depends on if he passes a color gene other then black to the calves.

Thnx a lot dun..:) i will try to crossbreed him with a group each of horned cows and polled cows with varieties of colour. Will update the forum of the outcome.

Latest posts