Brahman Sales

Help Support CattleToday:

Australian

Reaction score
Northern New England Region, Tenterfield NSW Austr
Two quality Brahman sales in Queensland in the last week. Top price red made $47,000 at the Tartrus/Lancefield and at that sale a grey made $35,000.
At the FBC sale the top grey made $120,000. At the recent Brahman week sales in Rockhampton made to a top of $60,000 for a red,second top $52,500 for a grey.
Colin

I agree you can here in Australia as well. I mentioned above that it was at the FBC sale that the $120,000 top was made it was at the PBF another branch of the family. They are gtting a bit like the Hudgins family with divisions etc. The Fenechs (Paul and Brigid) grossed over 1 million dollars at their sale. They have a complete Hudgins bloodline stud. This sale was their third I think. Their property is a showplace on the tropical coast of Queensland just south of Mackay near a place called Sarina. Their sale complex has to be seen to be believed all the yards are timber,hand cut and crafted by a clever person. All the yards (sale Pens) are grassed. Have a look on the Australian Brahman site and go to member links you'll find some very interesting sites of Brahman cattle ( I hope to have ours up and running soon as well)
There are good value sales still here in Australia as well (yes usually the ones that I don't get to) I recently bought a new red Brahman sire that cost only $2,500 and beaut red 11 month old heifer for $800. last year we bought 2 grey heifers for $1100 and $1500 and both were equally as good as the sale toppers at $8,000. We also bought a red heifer at that sale for $1500 she has a beaut red polled heifert thats going into our show team. Our $1500 grey female also has a calf at foot now a grey with lots of class also to go into the team.
Colin

I am delighted to see those prices. I live in the Southern U.S. and raise Brahman cattle. I think the ridiculus phobia of too much ear is finally starting to dissipate around here. Brahman cattle handle the heat much better than the English and Continental breeds around here and there are virtually no parasite problems. Plus, I don't think you can beat an F1 cross involving a Brahman and almost anything else.

You will improve any breed when you join them to a Brahman. At our place we join Brahman to South Devon,Hereford,Charolais,Gelbvieh,Angus,Black Baldy. We also join them to South Devon Hereford and to Australis ( a cross developed in Australia using South Devon and Angus of varying percentages).
We are totally happy with our Brahman crosses. It gives us so many options to cross other breeds over the resultant Brahman crosses. They are tremendous milkers and thrive in harsh climates.
Colin

Top sale this past week has been $60,000 for a grey sire and $15,000 for a red heifer. This was at a Brahman classic sale hosted by 6 Brahman studs. Their first one. Quality cattle plus plus. A couple of more quality sales still to come. Some more big prices no doubt.
Colin

Latest posts