Sales canceled

Help Support CattleToday:

No. It says for the safety of the animals and the workers. Never heard of this before.
Did ya'll ask...
Precondition calf sale in Greeneville was postponed a week. Claimed it was heat related. I thought it was odd, too.
If they sprayed kerosene around their ankles?

To keep the bugs away from their kandy arses!
🤣

The heat is too hot.... 😆

I do remember one school having no a/c. I thought that was really odd at the time. We had some fans tho. Helped a very very little bit.

What are we gonna do when everyone just gives up for one reason or another?
It's too hot.
It's too cold.
We got an inch of snow.
Oh it's too nice of a day to do anything!

Goldilocks never had it so good

They had the sale in Stanford (Bluegrass South) on Monday but numbers and prices were both down considerably. I think that influenced canceling the other sales. It was only 91 with dry air and a nice breeze.
"The home of the brave and the land of the free" has become the home of the frightened and the land of the media influenced.
TV, the internet and all the media turn every event into a disaster anymore.

I see mention of 'red flag day' around here and even out on the Army base. It hasn't seemed to slow down the activity I see and hear from my backyard tho.

Tonight I have been advised of 2 cattle sales being canceled this week. One in KY and 1 in TN..Its only in the low 90's but they are saying its because of the heat. Im sure the TX sales see hotter than that many weeks a year.
Months of it. I dive with my windows down if it gets less than 100.

The AB here are 95% covered though, also. They have some big pens that may only be 1/3 covered or so but every pen has shade. They may even have big fans int the raftors.

Some one posted pics of an AB that had the pens out in the wide open. I could see that not working well.

No. It says for the safety of the animals and the workers. Never heard of this before.
Months of it. I dive with my windows down if it gets less than 100.

The AB here are 95% covered though, also. They have some big pens that may only be 1/3 covered or so but every pen has shade. They may even have big fans int the raftors.

Some one posted pics of an AB that had the pens out in the wide open. I could see that not working well.
I've watched the black cows out here in the corn stubble struggling in the heat-panting and drooling, look like they're about to drop. Granted, we've been 105+, but standing in the sun doesn't help man nor beast. Even our panhandlers on the corners have given up.