Sales canceled

Help Support CattleToday:

Why do people worry about Camo so much. Deer cant see color much anyway especially when the spotlight is on.
Couldn't agree more. I see hunters all the time sneaking down the trails in full camo riding their quads.
I've never owned any camo and have got as close as anyone else to what I was after.

The one I always wondered about was people dressed in camo from head to toe and then have a orange vest on. Or people sitting in a fully enclosed blind with just a small shooting slot dressed in camo.
Back when I was a kid I read an article about sneaking up on deer. It said that deer only see what they are looking directly at. That a deer with its head down eating can't see you. When a deer lifted its head to stand perfectly still. So I tried it. A deer out in the field eating. I only moved when it had its head down eating. Sometimes when it lifted its head I woould stare at me for a couple of minutes. Probably took me over an hour but I went from 100 yards away to 10 yards. And I was a kid with nothing else to do.

I think turkeys do see color and camo is a help with them. They always see me first and are masters at staying just out of gun range.
For squirrels, you don't need camo but avoid solid white or light colors.

I dont know about color but movement creates turkey fear. I sat on a power line in the weeds 3ft from my nearest decoys, hundreds of times.
They have a one track mind.