Brahman Bulls sell to a top of $55,000

Help Support CattleToday:

Australian

Reaction score
Northern New England Region, Tenterfield NSW Austr
The top price of $55,000 was attained at the Big Country Brahman Sale held at Charters Towers un Queensland Australia this week. The top money was paid for a polled red Brahman bull offered by the GI Brahman stud at Muttaburra in Queensland. Second top money was $16,000 for a bull from the renowned Lancefield Stud also in Queensland.
The top price at the Brahman week sale held at Rockhampton last October made to a top of $50,000 for polled Red Brahman bull offered by the Fairy Springs Brahman Stud. Private sales of red Brahman bulls made to $165,000, $150,000 and $75,000 as well last year. These were for red bulls.

All that money for a bull you couldn't chew in a week with a new set of teeth! :frowns:

What are real beef bulls selling for over there?

What do you mean? The Brahman breed is doing very well as opposed to the ever diminishing Angus breed, which people are turning away for in droves because of calving problems and inbreeding and genetic faults. The Hereford as it rightfully should be is having a renewed burst of popularity. Actually your comment is crazy. Every beef breed has its place in the scheme of our industry.

Man you're touchy. He's entiltiled to his opinion just as much as you are. You knock other folks cattle like they were dogs and then go off like the 4th of July when someone questions the value of your pet breed..BTW we all know for sure that those ole Angus are just pure crap. That's why no one wants to raise them.

aren't angus still number one for registrations in Australia? And didn't Angus have the highest average price at auction last year and for a number of years in recent times?
Where the prices said for those bulls privately for single bulls or for bull and female packages or something similar?
I don't want to bag brahmans or start an arguement but I think your statements about Angus are a bit general and off the mark.

Gelbvieh 5":mlrs8r77 said:
All that money for a bull you couldn't chew in a week with a new set of teeth! :frowns:

The think national average for angus bulls at auction last year was about $6800. I dont have the numbers on hand but I would most breeds would average $4 to $6k in australia.

Australian":p5xqzpet said:
What do you mean? The Brahman breed is doing very well as opposed to the ever diminishing Angus breed, which people are turning away for in droves because of calving problems and inbreeding and genetic faults. The Hereford as it rightfully should be is having a renewed burst of popularity. Actually your comment is crazy. Every beef breed has its place in the scheme of our industry.
Your DREAMING.
Ken

Old_man_emu":j8zd5bo7 said:
Gelbvieh 5":j8zd5bo7 said:

The think national average for angus bulls at auction last year was about $6800. I dont have the numbers on hand but I would think most breeds would average $4 to $6k in australia.

Sorry I must correct myself. The national average was $5246 and the NSW state average was $6080 for 2011. I have been trying to find other breeds but the information doesn't seen to be available.

I don't need to keep this thread going. I just wanted to pass on news to others on the board. Just because a breed has more registrations doesn't really count for much because every tom dick and harry can have 10 head of any particular breed. That doesn't always count for popularity. That is part the probelm with Angus very second person has a registered herd and take little into account for conformation or breeding attributes. I have many friends that have Angus herds and they say that there are too many breeders selling bulls etc.These days Angus cannot be relied upon to give you trouble free calving like it once used to.

Australian":3np5h7vb said:
I don't need to keep this thread going. I just wanted to pass on news to others on the board. Just because a breed has more registrations doesn't really count for much because every tom dick and harry can have 10 head of any particular breed. That doesn't always count for popularity. That is part the probelm with Angus very second person has a registered herd and take little into account for conformation or breeding attributes. I have many friends that have Angus herds and they say that there are too many breeders selling bulls etc.These days Angus cannot be relied upon to give you trouble free calving like it once used to.

No offense Australian but if it took you 5 days to come back with THAT, you really need to let this thread die.

VanC":14gy44g4 said:
I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around the concept that the breed with the most registrations isn't the most popular.
Thats right VanC.
It takes an aweful lot of breeds with only 10 head to have the highest number of registrations. Australia, your arguement would stand up more if there was a very small number of people with a huge number of cattle, yeah?
Add to that the fact that last year Angus set breed records for highest average auction prices, highest auction price of $91000 for a 2 y/o bull who's sire also sold for $60000 privately and that wasn't even with exclusive rights to the bull! The big guys are expanding and breeding and selling more bulls all the time. Ardrossan Angus sold all their spring bulls privately and couldn't even hold an auction, private treaty is growing as breeders try to get ahead of the pack and secure bulls before going to auction.

I shall not pass on any other news about our beef industry if this is the reaction from somne of those on this board. I have always been interested in what is going on other countries in various aspects of the industry. I did think that Brahman breeders would be interested in how well the breed is going over here. End of thread and as for the person saying that it took 5 days to get back with a comment. I don't sit at the computer every day.

Australian":1ffy88o2 said:
I shall not pass on any other news about our beef industry if this is the reaction from some of those on this board. I have always been interested in what is going on other countries in various aspects of the industry. I did think that Brahman breeders would be interested in how well the breed is going over here.

I wish you would keep us posted, these men are just going through a difficult hormonal transition, do not worry too much about them... :compute:

Australian":2adg9yah said:
I shall not pass on any other news about our beef industry if this is the reaction from somne of those on this board. I have always been interested in what is going on other countries in various aspects of the industry. I did think that Brahman breeders would be interested in how well the breed is going over here. End of thread and as for the person saying that it took 5 days to get back with a comment. I don't sit at the computer every day.

I was thinking that if it took you 5 days to come up with that lame response you should have spent those 5 days doing some research or at the very least some deeper thinking.

I am not the worlds biggest Angus fan but to ignore where they are as a breed including in your country is pretty shortsighted.

I agree that this thread should end since you are starting to resemble a crazy rattle snake. Every time you turn around and open your mouth you bite yourself in the a$$!

Latest posts