Bradley 3 Back to Basics

Help Support CattleToday:

jdg

Reaction score
Anybody used any Bradley 3 bulls over the years, either natural or AI? Especially interested in Back to Basics. I visited them a few years back and was really impressed with their emphasis on fertility and the amount of selection pressure they put on their brood herd under range conditions. I've considered sampling him in my maternal oriented program but looking for some more data.

We have used several of their bulls for cover bulls over the years. They are VERY efficient and we've had no problems with fertility. They are not "growthy" bulls but have gotten the job done.

I used B3R Pioneer Wave on heifers a couple years ago. Had good luck with calving them with no assistance needed. I agree that they didn't have a ton of gas, but wasn't expecting anything high octane. Didn't keep any heifers, but I think they would've made good cows. All the PW calves were fed and sold direct. I will say that the PW calves had beautiful steaks and the RE were pretty big. A couple of them had 1 1/4" thick ribeyes that weighed over 24oz. Never did get a chance to sample one for myself, they sold QUICK! Would've loved to have snuck one on the grill to see how tender they were. Folks kept coming back for more of those "steaks like you had last time". I haven't used him again, but not because they were less than what I expected.
I'd expect that B2B would make some dang good cows, but probably smaller than most. I'd put him on some cows with some gas in the tank (and some frame) if I planned to keep any replacements from him.

Ebenezer, does Three Trees still sale bulls? I've bought from them before, but they quit having sales, and website hasn't been updated in quite some time. AAA has them as still registering cattle though.

Latest posts