Boyd on Target

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
I did a search for "Boyd on Target," and found where some of his offspring sold high. Has anyone used this bull on their cows and what did you like or dislike about his calves? Chuckie

Heard alot of good things about On Target and his calves. I like the pedigree, personally.

BTW How you been, Chuckie!! Good to see you around..

Hey jscunn! I have been putting in more hours at work than I do at home. It has slacked up a little, so I thought I would see what was going on. Glad to hear from you!

I like the Boyd on Target bull myself. I just wondered what kind of muscle he puts on his calves and what kind of frame comes with it. I spend a lot of time looking at the ABS, ORIgen, etc... books. I'll never learn unless I ask questions!
Chuckie

I have a bull calf out of Target to a first calf heifer. He is a very impressive calf. He started out looking "skinny" with not much meat on his frame, birth weight was 73 lbs...but now, 4 months later WOW. He has only been getting mommas milk and good hay, along with "Right Now" mineral. My father is really impressed also. He has good length and is quite blocky.

We are going to keep him to about 12 months of age and take him to our local Angus Association sale.

I wish I had another 5 to 10 calves out of him. Am going to a sale this weekend solely to look at a few of target 1083's calves that are on the list.

We bred a few cows to on target last year and the calves were born late November. So far they are coming along great. no calving problems, birthweights in the 70's, and growing like weeds. I'm looking forward to see how they come out at weaning.

Love them, Like them, Want more of them, Calves come easy, I have had 82 calves out of him, Bw's between 62 - 81 on 1st calf heifers, they do look skinny at birth, good bone, but after day one you see them thicken up, lengthen out and totally muscle up.. I really like them!!

I am crossing New Day Daughters this year to 1038 and line breeding Right Time with 57D I am really excited about these matings...

I really think he is going to be better then his father 5175!!

If you want easy calving, correct, muscled up cattle, Use him!!

Latest posts