Bowl season, Pac 10, Ducks

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
As some know I live for college football, I don't think to much of Pro sports. last year in the bowl season the Pac 10 went 5-0 in their games.... this year not so much. Oregon St. and Arizona were "no shows", USC played like someone stole their ball and they just pouted (sp) through a win. UCLA won a so so game and Standford lost in a great game to a better Oklahoma team. Not to much to brag about this year and the Pac 10.

Oh yea we have another game... lets see.... Yes! the Ducks are playing for the Roses today at 2 pm left coast time.... I believe that is 5 pm for any of you Buckeye fans. If the Ducks are on their game they may just roll, they are a very fast team with many, many weapons on the offense. I don't think the bigger stronger defense of the buckeyes will be able to keep up with the spread option and the fast paced no huddle Ducks. We have the freshman of the year in James (over 1500 yards and avg 6+ yard per carry), we have mature QB that can run and with luck his passing will be on today (he can hit the short routes but his down field throw can be ??? at times) when he is on watch out. After 8 games we have "I'll deck you" Blount back he is a bruising runner with a lot to prove today before he trys to go pro.

Our problem may be our defense, they are not bad but they are not great, we have a very young bunch of d backs, good linebackers and decent d line. they'll handle most teams but the good ones they need the help of the high scoring offense.... we'll see. The great news is the Ducks are returning 19 of 22 starters next season!!!!! Can't wait, it will be a very long off season.... even longer if we get dumped today.

Yes I'm ready for the game.... How did your college teams do?

Another prediction is that the Tide will roll over the horns... big time, they are a great team.. right Mr. Tebow?

GO DUCKS!
Alan

I can feel your excitement, Alan. Kind of like how we felt around here a couple of years ago. Yeah, I know my Illini didn't earn their trip by winning the Big Ten title, but it was fun anyway, at least until the second half started. ;-)

Not to dampen your spirits, but enjoy it while you can. Programs like Oregon and Illinois don't get there that often. I'm 55, and the Illini have only been there 3 times in my lifetime. Worse yet, they lost the last two 45-9 and 49-17. Ouch.

I don't expect that kind of outcome in today's Rose Bowl, unless Oregon is on the winning end. Sounds like you're gonna be pretty good next year, too. I usually root for the Big Ten, but I'm gonna root for your Ducks this year. Good luck.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

Until next year

Alan":1l93y0wy said:
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

Until next year

With that kind of thinking you would make a dam fine Bronco's fan.

VanC":9im0d4ka said:
Sorry, Alan. I really thought they had a good chance. Good game. Watched every down and was more than entertained.

Thanks, but that is part of what I love of college football, the good as well some disappoinment. We (the Ducks) have come a long way since the days a Rich Brooks and Chris MIller, in those days I got excited about a 6 win season and a trip to any bowl.

The buckeyes had a good game plan and it worked, they controlled the ball, they contained our QB and we didn't contain theirs, Pryor is a monster, big and fast with a good arm. We recruited him hard, he's our type of QB. Also their defense just flat out out played our offense, we had no running game and one of our tight ends (Ed Dixon) could not catch a ball.... dropped balls has plague him all season.... at least he's one of the seniors going. BTW, I was wrong we return 18 starters next year, not 19 as I said above. No excuses Ohio St. just flat out played better.

But like I said until next year, but I'll be watching who we recruit.

I've been a fan for a long time, years ago I use to go to Eugene to watch the games, before they won many games. One time before a game I stop to get a quick bite to eat and left my 2 tickets on the dash of my locked car. While I was gone for the few minutes someone broke a window in my car and left 3 more tickets on the dash... :lol2: . In the old days it was about that bad, the Ducks and the beavers always where at the very bottom of the Pac 10 standings, these days are fun.

Until next season and I don't think we'll play Boise St. for a long while.

Alan

Allen, at least you can still smile about it....I too love college football.....almost as much as high school ball...could really care less about the pro's.....There were a lot of good games....don't think conference has anything to do with it tho....we all just have "bad days" lke when the ducks played Boise...Not agood start at all..They'll be good again next year...something to look forward to. (Now I gotta go find some recruits for my Aggies...that my friend is a JOB) :lol2:

Dave":3ohw4n20 said:
Allen,
Things could be worse. You could be a WSU fan like me.

Good point Dave, Cougs have had a couple of beyound tough years, but at this point it can only get better for them. The Cougars are probably my second or third favorite Pac 10 team, up there with the Beavers (but very much below the Ducks :D ). Any team is better then the Huskies, although I was watching the High School All American game and saw the Huskies have a verbal from Joe Montana's kid as a QB, he looked pretty good, I see a bit of Joe in his play.

Alan

Hep, given a couple of years and the Huskies are going to be whipping everyone again. That really rubs me wrong. My brother and one of my sisters went to UW. And I had two cousins who played for them back when Don James was coaching. But personally, it is against my religion to even drive north of Tacoma.

I know being an Oregon fan you aren't real happy with Boise State but they did it last night, 14-0. Got to give it to their coach. He isn't afraid to take a chance.

Dave":13jpyyql said:
Hep, given a couple of years and the Huskies are going to be whipping everyone again. That really rubs me wrong. My brother and one of my sisters went to UW. And I had two cousins who played for them back when Don James was coaching. But personally, it is against my religion to even drive north of Tacoma.

I know being an Oregon fan you aren't real happy with Boise State but they did it last night, 14-0. Got to give it to their coach. He isn't afraid to take a chance.

After watching that game I can't believe TCU or Boise either should think they deserve to be in the top 5.

I don't see why people think that Oregon will be in the running next year. Yes they have most of their team back, but most of the Pac 10 also return an overwelming number of players. They have games at USC, Cal, ASU as well as at both northwest rivals Udub and OSU. There is no way they can make it back to the Rose bowl. I think 9 and 3 is the best they can expect.

Rangenerd":2029u1jl said:
I don't see why people think that Oregon will be in the running next year. Yes they have most of their team back, but most of the Pac 10 also return an overwelming number of players. They have games at USC, Cal, ASU as well as at both northwest rivals Udub and OSU. There is no way they can make it back to the Rose bowl. I think 9 and 3 is the best they can expect.

Hello Rangenerd, glad to see another Pac 10 fan on the boards. I would be happy with a 9-3 season next year, it may be enough to get back to the Rose bowl.... and another shot at Ohio St. I know the Dawgs are young and their QB is returning for his senior season, but haven't kept up with most of the rest of them. It sounds like Pete Carrol is headed for the Sea Hawks so USC may struggle next year, depending on who they get and what changes are made to either side of the ball..... not to mention all the NCAA sharks circling the USC program. Cal will be good as usual, but they sure fell apart going into mid season. ASU was not much, maybe you meant Arizona, who may be tough, again. OSU was a mid pac 10 team, even if they had a mathmatical shot at the Rose Bowl. The Ducks biggest problem is they don't play great on the road and they have to go down to Cal, USC and OSU.... If that is their 3 loses it would problably keep them out of the Rose Bowl. But I think USC will have a tough time next year, things usually start out bad when the departing coach sucker punches his team going out, although Pete is going to get a huge paycheck in seattle and someone else now needs to worry about the NCAA.

Alan

Latest posts