Orange Bowl

Help Support CattleToday:

Those teams playing now aren't even close to the regular season teams. Florida State has nearly 30 players either gone, in the portal, or simply not playing. Georgia has around 20 out. Not that I think the Seminoles could have likely beat Georgia, but it would have at least been entertaining.

Those teams playing now aren't even close to the regular season teams. Florida State has nearly 30 players either gone, in the portal, or simply not playing. Georgia has around 20 out. Not that I think the Seminoles could have likely beat Georgia, but it would have at least been entertaining.
My wife has been watching football all day, including this sorry excuse of "a game".

This portal crap is getting out of hand, NCAA needs to make it a rule that if you are a player that "opts" out because you are a senior that might go pro, you lose your scholarship for winter and spring quarter. If you enter the "portal " then you pay back the scholarship money you have used. Or, make the new college pay the old one back, either way.

This portal crap is getting out of hand, NCAA needs to make it a rule that if you are a player that "opts" out because you are a senior that might go pro, you lose your scholarship for winter and spring quarter. If you enter the "portal " then you pay back the scholarship money you have used. Or, make the new college pay the old one back, either way.
That sounds more than fair. These college players getting 'free rides' need a good dose of reality to learn not everything comes on a silver platter with no strings attached. At least I hope everything doesn't come to them that way.

I guess the players have the entitlement attitude like a lot of people. Just look at all the things the government spends money on these days. Many programs seem like a silver platter now.

Pay the NFL players the kind of money they make and the college coaches the kind of money they make - that adds to the distorted view of value and worth. In South Carolina, the highest paid state employee is a football coach. Probably true in many states. That's a shame.

Not going to happen with most schools. Football (and other sports) brings too much dinero to the school and the alumni would raise hell about it anyway.
(Ivy League has no athletic scholarships and prohibits post season play in football altogether so it isn't an issue with them)