Super Bowl

Help Support CattleToday:

Bestoutwest

Reaction score
Well, I'm not sure I'm too excited about it. I'm interested to see how Belichick handles his team. It will also be interesting to see how McVay handles the pressure of being in the Big Game, and if he can shut down Tom Brady.

Not too excited about Maroon 5 and the infusion of rap....

I'm thinking Brady and Belichick will be coming away with another ring, hope I'm wrong, will be watching it in Punta cana, at least it will be warm there.

I hope the Pats win just so all the haters will have something to whine about, but realistically (vice emotionally) I am picking Rams to win by 7.

greybeard said:
I hope the Pats win just so all the haters will have something to whine about, but realistically (vice emotionally) I am picking Rams to win by 7.

It doesn't matter who wins b/c the Saints fans will still be whining and say that they could have won it.

Bestoutwest said:
greybeard said:

It doesn't matter who wins b/c the Saints fans will still be whining and say that they could have won it.
They could have won their last game too if they hadn't allowed it to be such a close game there at the end. Games are decided over the course of 4 quarters, not just on one play. It was sure a crappy call, but not the only reason they are on the outside looking in.

Saints not the first team to lose a big game on a bad or no call. I'd love to not see or hear any more reference to the Saints.

greybeard said:
They could have won their last game too if they hadn't allowed it to be such a close game there at the end. Games are decided over the course of 4 quarters, not just on one play. It was sure a crappy call, but not the only reason they are on the outside looking in.

Even in high school we played the entire game and never lost one because of one play.

greybeard said:
I've never understood the renewed vigor with which the trailing team plays during the final minutes of the game. If they had played like that all game, they would have won. As much as we'll never hear the end of it, I'd like the Rams to win. I'm sick of the Patriots. Sick of Brady. Sick of Belichick. And I'd really like Saints' fans to have to watch that.

greybeard said:
Bestoutwest said:
greybeard said:

So true, but it's a big part of what makes sports the best reality show on tv.

Ryder said:
Saints not the first team to lose a big game on a bad or no call.
December 1975, Vikings robbed by officials non call of Drew Pearson pushing off cb Nate Wright on the Original Hail Mary Pass. Reporter asked about the play and Roger Staubach replied I just threw it up and said a Hail Mary (and the name stuck.)
Dallas went on to lose to Steelers 21-17...Vikings should have 5 Super Bowl losses not 4 grrrrr.

To all the Romo haters that said he'd never make it to a Super Bowl... wrong he made it... Ha
Tony Romo is calling the game today. Best commentator since John Madden.
Romo's understanding of the game and his ability to explain it is a cut above all the others.

Injury reports for both teams say everyone is healthy and ready to play... it should be a good one.

17 years ago Tom Brady won his 1st Super Bowl at age 23
17 years ago Rams head coach Sean McVay had just turned 16 and was getting his driver license.

Tom Brady is so old...the only person older than Brady is Betty White... she's timeless.

Any true student of the game has to respect what the Pats have done, like'm or not. It helps that they have a classy owner that stays out of the limelight, unlike the Cowboys, who's owner is a buffoon.

Rams 38 Pats 31. A good game with a rotten halftime show.

Hope it's a good close game, there've been plenty of bad ones, the one constant is the halftime show is never any good.

Son of Butch said:
Ryder said:
Saints not the first team to lose a big game on a bad or no call.
December 1975, Vikings robbed by officials non call of Drew Pearson pushing off cb Nate Wright on the Original Hail Mary Pass. Reporter asked about the play and Roger Staubach replied I just threw it up and said a Hail Mary (and the name stuck.)
Dallas went on to lose to Steelers 21-17...Vikings should have 5 Super Bowl losses not 4 grrrrr.
Just for the record, I did not write this.
My post was a " :mad:".

Bestoutwest said:
Well, I'm not sure I'm too excited about it. I'm interested to see how Belichick handles his team. It will also be interesting to see how McVay handles the pressure of being in the Big Game, and if he can shut down Tom Brady.

Bum's boy...
Wade Phillips figuring out how to take away Edelmann as a receiver could be key to the game.

Oh the good old days when halftime was just a marching band that none cared about.
Super Bowl parties are the worst. Bunch of people that don't follow football, talking during the game ruining it for those wanting to watch and only shut up for the commercials and halftime. :)

Super Bowl bets offered
Will Travis Scott take a knee at halftime?
yes pays 160
no bet 100 to win $23
Color of Gatorade Shower.... clear is the favorite... purple has the longest odds at 12-1

Son of Butch said:
Bestoutwest said:

Bum's boy...
Wade Phillips figuring out how to take away Edelmann as a receiver could be key to the game.

Oh the good old days when halftime was just a marching band that none cared about.
Super Bowl parties are the worst. Bunch of people that don't follow football, talking during the game ruining it for those wanting to watch and only shut up for the commercials and halftime. :)

I hear you. The commercials are all "woke" this year. I get it, your company is politically correct.

Latest posts