bought the wife a robot vacuum

Help Support CattleToday:

dieselbeef

Reaction score
for mothers day..a neato....the jury is still out..399.

i figured anything to save her a little time and work means more lovin for me! ;-) :banana: :banana:

anyone else got one..

a roomba or a neato?

gary

I got one a few years ago, kind of disappointed in how they clean . Works good on wood floors to pick up dust and hair . Does a crappy job on carpet even berber. Can't beat the real thing, love my Dyson animal . Maybe yours will work better and your wife will like it.

I received a Roomba at Christmas and LOVE it. It works best if you run it every day or two - more for maintenance than heavy cleaning. I especially like that it goes under the tables, chairs and sofas; I'm not Martha Stewart and I don't move furniture to vacuum everyday. ;-)

were still tryin it...moving the base helped alot. wife is so excited...were running it everyday..so far she loves it tho

jewelry isnt big for her...less work for her..yeah..thats a big deal!

it actually goes under the beds and tables and stuff..does a pretty decent job altho im not sure good as a reg vacuum...but probly 80% and does it while were not even home!

hillsdown":2rz3du3c said:
I got one a few years ago, kind of disappointed in how they clean . Works good on wood floors to pick up dust and hair . Does a crappy job on carpet even berber. Can't beat the real thing, love my Dyson animal . Maybe yours will work better and your wife will like it.
Have you seen the newer one made for hard-surface floors? Our house is solid floors throughout, so I'm thinking seriously about making that purchase.
john250":2rz3du3c said:
$399 in jewelry would have bought 'ya more traction.
dieselbeef":2rz3du3c said:
were still tryin it...moving the base helped alot. wife is so excited...were running it everyday..so far she loves it tho

jewelry isnt big for her...less work for her..yeah..thats a big deal!

it actually goes under the beds and tables and stuff..does a pretty decent job altho im not sure good as a reg vacuum...but probly 80% and does it while were not even home!

I gotta say, db is right on the money in this case. 1 - I prefer to pick out my own jewelry that's to my taste, and I don't like a lot of mid-range stuff. Make it inexpensive so it can be tossed when I ruin it, or make it diamonds and make em BIG. :heart:
2 - My husband never looks better than when he's cleaning dishes or folding clothes, mainly because that's all the housework he knows how to do. Less time and effort sweeping and mopping would mean I have more time for...something he might notice and appreciate a bit more than whether or not the floor is clean. I'm just sayin...

im on yer page honey...more time for lovin!

we have tile and carpet til nxt yr so this one is the best on for that...its about 75% right now cuz it gets hung up still but we bout got that sorted so itll git better

this one is sposed to be better technology than the roomba..it does the perimeter and then the rest of the room so it goes in straight lines . the roomba is kinda a random wandering thing

my 4 yr old loves to wake it up in the morning and turn it on before we leave for work

ALACOWMAN":1zqmt0rm said:
i bought my sister ,,opps!! i meant the wife. a nucular one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCbmBur0jxo
I want one of those where can I get one, would be great in my Sons room... :banana: :lol: :lol: :lol:
My Daughter has a robot vacuum and loves it, she has Oak and York Stone floors, everywhere maybe that is why it works well.

Yes I have a roomba.

For the non believers it is 3 days before they realise they cannot live without one, that is if they have a dog that lives in the house.

If it broke I would rebuy even if I was destitute and would have to sell a cow to get one.

Your house is vacuumed whether you are sick or sore.

It is the only thing in my lifetime to get rid of my floor robe. My mother tried. I didn't even get rid of it for my Husband, but for Sadie it is gone.

It is the only thing in my lifetime to get rid of my floor robe. My mother tried. I didn't even get rid of it for my Husband, but for Sadie it is gone.

i got the rest of it but ya lost me on this one

Do these things have a bag or are they bagless? My Maggie probably sheds out the equivalent of a Chihuahua every day! I may need one of these things!!!

Yes bagless. It has 2 compartments, one picks up dust the other objects etc and compacts it, it does hold a lot.

The brushes are what picks up my hair.

My first go with an automatic vacuum cleaner:-

The first one I bought. Before putting it down I vacuumed the bedroom. Moved the bed to the left, vacuumed the bedroom. Moved the bed to the right vacuumed the bedroom. Moved the bed down and vacuumed the bedroom. It was clean enough to eat off. It was with one of those cyclonic vacuums off the TV that are for asthmatics and supposed to take everything out of the air as well.

Then I put the automatic vacuum down and left it. A few minutes later I couldn't hear it and had to go looking for it. I eventually found it choked on a troll pen. On the hair of the troll, that was on the floor, at the back of my camphor chest. So my vacuum obviously didn't reach that far as I had no idea that it was there. I pulled out the vacuum and honestly it looked like it had been vacuuuming in an attic that had not been vacuumed for 20 years.

It had dust bunnies hanging off all over it, it was also covered in dust, both trays were chockablock full and my hair, which is quite long, was wrapped around and around and around the brushes, so obviously the vacuum off the TV did not pick that up, so there would have been years worth of my hair on the floor.

I removed the troll, cleaned out the trays, cleaned the vacuum and put it down again, and again and again and again. That vacuum kept picking up stuff for a week in that room that I thought I had vacuumed totally clean before putting the new vacuum down. That is because moving the bed over was not enough to get to the middle of the floor and being an ensemble there is no room to vacuum under the bed. Where as the automatic vacuums just go under it without me having to move it or anything.

Also Sadie will automatically kick in with more vacuum if needed. You will see a blue light come on and she will circle. I took her to Mums and put it down on her clean floor. Sadie just kept circlling with the blue light on all over the place and Mum took offence!!!! that Sadie was calling her floor dirty. The next time down not as many blue lights on and circles and now of course doesn't do it at all.

Sadie (Roomba) automatically goes from carpet . The roomba also comes with a tool for removing hair from the brushes. You need a thin pair of scissors for the rubber roller, this gadget that I just mentioned for the brush roller and a phillips screwdriver to remove the outside brush as hair gets under that as well. I wish I had had that brush gadget with the first vacuum when I found it with all my hair wrapped around it. That was a nightmare.

She also will not go down stairs so you don't have to worry about that. When I take everything down off the top shelf for christmas I put her up there and she will vacuum it for me. She has sensors and won't fall off.

She does come with virtual walls if you don't want her to go somewhere, or just shut the door or put a box down.

Latest posts