Bottle calf

Help Support CattleToday:

@J Hoy goes on and on about this homeopathic cell salt thing. It's all over the boards.

Some folks get pretty uptight about it.

Your case would be an interesting one to me for the sake of discovery if nothing else! Sure can't hurt a thing I wouldn't think.

(I'd still consult a qualified vet)
The only way I found to see if it worked was to give it to the animal to see what happened. My neighbor made a lot of money on the calves he saved by giving them the Hyland's Homeopathic Cell Salt, Calc. Phos. He got them for $5 to $10 and sold them for a lot in the fall.
By the way, it says on the bottle to give four tablets in the morning each day. They don't work that way. One tablet at a time at each feeding is what you want to do. The cell stimulating effects of the Calc. Phos. 6X last for three hours and of the 30X version last for 6 hours, so to keep the cells working well all the time one tablet should be given every three hours or at least at each feeding.

Bug juice in the womb! 🤣
Bug juice in the womb for a human fetus results in disrupted sexual development, autism, heart defects, damaged immune system and other serious effects according to studies. Yeah, that is really funny isn't it. How can anyone hate babies that much is what I would like to know
@J Hoy goes on and on about this homeopathic cell salt thing. It's all over the boards.

Your case would be an interesting one to me for the sake of discovery if nothing else! Sure can't hurt a thing I wouldn't think.

I never took before and after photos of the neighbor's calves he gave the Homeopathic Cell Salt electrolyte pills to, but I did get a before and after photo of a different neighbor girl's filly foal that was born with an underbite that was slightly more than a half inch from upper incisors to lower incisors at birth. The before photo was taken when she was 48 hours old and the after photo was taken when she was 13 days old. Since the foal was nursing her mother, the neighbor girl had to catch the foal and put the tablet into the foal's mouth morning and night. The cell salt seemed to work very well just giving it twice a day, but the foal was otherwise healthy, unlike the calves the male neighbor bought. The calves often couldn't stand up, which is why he was able to buy them so cheap. The ranchers didn't want to be bothered with calves they thought were going to die, so getting $10 for such a calf was a plus for them.

Attachments

• 1 Underbite on a Filly Foal.jpg
    1 Underbite on a Filly Foal.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 2 Normal bite on a Filly foal after 13 days with Calc. Phos. 6X given morning and night.jpg
    2 Normal bite on a Filly foal after 13 days with Calc. Phos. 6X given morning and night.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 3
I definitely will be talking to my vet if I don't have any improvement with the nuflor within a couple of days.

Murray, thank you for saying you think Maxrock2306 should try the cell salt tablets. However, I have only posted suggestions for using the Homeopathic Cell Salt electrolyte tablets about three different times. You are the one that I have seen the most posts from "all over the boards" - not saying that there is anything wrong with that.

Last edited:
Bug juice in the womb for a human fetus results in disrupted sexual development, autism, heart defects, damaged immune system and other serious effects according to studies. Yeah, that is really funny isn't it. How can anyone hate babies that much is what I would like to know

I never took before and after photos of the neighbor's calves he gave the Homeopathic Cell Salt electrolyte pills to, but I did get a before and after photo of a different neighbor girl's filly foal that was born with an underbite that was slightly more than a half inch from upper incisors to lower incisors at birth. The before photo was taken when she was 48 hours old and the after photo was taken when she was 13 days old. Since the foal was nursing her mother, the neighbor girl had to catch the foal and put the tablet into the foal's mouth morning and night. The cell salt seemed to work very well just giving it twice a day, but the foal was otherwise healthy, unlike the calves the male neighbor bought. The calves often couldn't stand up, which is why he was able to buy them so cheap. The ranchers didn't want to be bothered with calves they thought were going to die, so getting $10 for such a calf was a plus for them.
I forgot to mention, I never observed or was told of a foal that was born with an underbite having the facial bones grow to be normal sized without being given the Calc. Phos. My friend who works with horses and checks the bites on lots of mostly adult horses found quite a high prevalence of horses have an underbite. Obviously, their facial bones did not grow to normal without being treated with Calc. Phos.

Nobody here hates babies. It's just a little ribbing. Here, you may need this:

Attachments

• hurt-feelings-report-form-save-your-relationship-at-of-hurt-feelings-report-template.jpg
    hurt-feelings-report-form-save-your-relationship-at-of-hurt-feelings-report-template.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 14

The fact that you have taken my post and somehow concluded that I hate babies is pretty far out there. You might want to lay off the cell salts and the bath salts Or whatever salts you're on..

Bug juice in the womb! 🤣
The fact that you have taken my post and somehow concluded that I hate babies is pretty far out there. You might want to lay off the cell salts and the bath salts Or whatever salts you're on..
What else would anyone think when you imply that deadly insecticides in a human mother's womb is funny? I knew you were trying to be funny, but I don't think that maiming and killing babies is in any way funny. Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

We had a calf a few years back that just acted like he had no get up and go, I put about a half of a can of white monster drink in its bottle. When the bottle was finished, he shook his head and got up. Never had another problem from the calf. He kept up with the rest from that day on.

We had a calf a few years back that just acted like he had no get up and go, I put about a half of a can of white monster drink in its bottle. When the bottle was finished, he shook his head and got up. Never had another problem from the calf. He kept up with the rest from that day on.
Interesting! What is in white monster drink?

I agree with Buck, @Maxrock2306

Head down. Squinty eyes. Ears seem droopy. No snotty nose tho it appears.

Haul him to the vet if u have to. I know many don't make farm calls any more and if they do they are expensive. My feeling is a Strong antibiotic with a pain reliever. But it must be prescribed by the vet for the symptoms!
La200/300 is a waste of time and money here. Just my opinion..

Update on this little Charolais x calf, after a weeks worth of nuflor he seems to be back to feeling a lot better. He's fitting right in with the rest of the bottle babies.

Attachments

• 5410.jpeg
    5410.jpeg
    466.7 KB · Views: 10
Your calf has all the symptoms of being exposed to the insecticide imidacloprid during development in the womb. He has an obvious underbite, a definitive symptom of Imidacloprid exposure. Imidacloprid concentrations in the spleen of the exposed newborn results in their cells not being able to produce normal levels of heat and energy, resulting in lethargy. The damage to the spleen from imidacloprid results in damage to the digestive system and consequently disrupted immune system function according to studies. I would suggest that you go to a health food store and get a small bottle of the Hyland's Homeopathic cell salt called Calc. Phos. 6X or if they have it, Calc. Ph 30X is even better. Put one tablet of the Calc. Phos. in the bottle of milk (after warming the milk) each time you feed the calf. Calc. Phos. is a really effective electrolyte. It stimulates the cells of the calf to uptake the minerals the cells need to function. That will help the calf to have normal energy levels and be able to digest its food more efficiently. The calf's underdeveloped facial bones should also grow to be normal in length in two or three weeks. The calf will then be able to graze normally and efficiently, so will have normal weight gain. Calves with an underbite have trouble biting off foliage efficiently resulting in less weight gain than calves with a normal bite. When I suggested to my neighbors that they give their calves with underbite and lethargy, baby goats with underbite, that couldn't stand up and walk after they were born, or horse foals with underbite, the Calc. Phos. tablet at least three times a day, if drinking their mother's milk or at each feeding if bottle fed, all of the newborns had normal energy levels within two days and all had their underdeveloped upper jaw bones grow to normal in two weeks. The sooner the Calc. Phos. tablets begin to be given after the youngster is born, the sooner its energy levels and ability to digest its food are stimulated to work at normal levels. Got to my website (www.judyhoy.com) and under where it says Explaining the use of homeopathic cell salts, it says click here to read. There are several before and after photos of young animals that had their cells stimulated to work at normal levels.
so lets clarify a bit here. That calf looks like he doesn't feel well so the nuflor should help. I would give him banamine too to help him feel better. As for underbites, Jerseys almost always look like that have an underbite at birth. That is their normal. As for fixing an underbite in a foal with vitamins, not a chance that will work. I have raised horses for 50 years and the ones that had an underbite or over bite had it due to genetics and vitamins/minerals. are not fixing that. Also a three week old calf might be tasting grass but the rumen is not developed enough for him to be processing grass. If he were being fed grain, the rumen would develop faster. I would be feeding him more at each feeding but only feed him milk twice a day, Feed 2 to 3 quarts at each feeding and feed 12 hours apart. I have raised loads of bottle calves and many different breeds.

so lets clarify a bit here. That calf looks like he doesn't feel well so the nuflor should help. I would give him banamine too to help him feel better. As for underbites, Jerseys almost always look like that have an underbite at birth. That is their normal. As for fixing an underbite in a foal with vitamins, not a chance that will work. I have raised horses for 50 years and the ones that had an underbite or over bite had it due to genetics and vitamins/minerals. are not fixing that. Also a three week old calf might be tasting grass but the rumen is not developed enough for him to be processing grass. If he were being fed grain, the rumen would develop faster. I would be feeding him more at each feeding but only feed him milk twice a day, Feed 2 to 3 quarts at each feeding and feed 12 hours apart. I have raised loads of bottle calves and many different breeds.
Aw, hell, you done did it now.

Latest posts