Born Yesterday

Help Support CattleToday:

randiliana":29cojjl5 said:
Angus Cattle Shower":29cojjl5 said:
I like'em, but I don't think that they would survive and thrive up here...

We had this discussion at coffee the other day :D . There was a guy around here that bought some bramahs, they did really well during the summer, and he got some crossbred calves out of them. But when winter hit, they were keeping them in the barn (unheated), and they were losing them. In the end, I believe that they even put them in a heated shop, but were still losing them. I think they lost all the purebreds, but the crossbred calves survived, and he kept some in the herd where they did very well.
sounds like he was trying too make a animal exist in a enviroment it was never meant too. like trying too make a highland survive on the gulf coast ill bet even those cross bred cattle have a rough time was this man on a tv program at one time with his brahman?

That pretty much sums it up alacowman. They just aren't designed for the cold winters. And as far as I know he was never on TV. This happened quite a few years a go I guess.

for real, we never would get them thru the headgate if their ears didnt droop, would we Rube?

Beautiful calves Ruby. I love those eared breeds. :) I'm partial to Simbrah, myself.