Born Yesterday

Help Support CattleToday:

cherokeeruby

Reaction score
Hi folks, new heifer here.

20060429_0951.JPG

These are my sisters and brother, born Jan 20 and April 10.

20060429_0944.JPG

This is our Daddy.

20060429_0925.JPG

In our country we'd have to tie them animals down- with our wind and those EARS they would blow away ;-) :lol: :lol:

No wonder you southerners don't mind mandatory ID- you have enough room to put 20 ear tags in each cow ;-) .....

TurnThatCowLooseMaw":3mcb3r0m said:
looks like purty babys and a loose sheathed brahman. I havent seen a brahman yet with a tight sheath.

I wonder why.... must be a breed defect..... ;-) :p

Killala":1dehww6o said:
TurnThatCowLooseMaw":1dehww6o said:
looks like purty babys and a loose sheathed brahman. I havent seen a brahman yet with a tight sheath.

Breed characteristic. I think all of the people in the north are just jealoous of those ears.

nice pics Ruby.

Brahman influence in improving cattle in the south should not be underestimated.

Oldtimer":2jjorzza said:
In our country we'd have to tie them animals down- with our wind and those EARS they would blow away ;-) :lol: :lol:

No wonder you southerners don't mind mandatory ID- you have enough room to put 20 ear tags in each cow ;-) .....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

If you see a Brahman with a tight sheath he will be a knotty little thing. Loose skin is one of the ways they cool themselves in the extremely hot humid part of the world they come from.

Killala":38z1tbuk said:
TurnThatCowLooseMaw":38z1tbuk said:

cherokeeruby":3000z8zs said:
If you see a Brahman with a tight sheath he will be a knotty little thing. Loose skin is one of the ways they cool themselves in the extremely hot humid part of the world they come from.

Killala":3000z8zs said:
TurnThatCowLooseMaw":3000z8zs said:

ive found the opposite to be true in the brahman cross cattle with the extreme sheath or navel. most will be all frame no muscle

Angus Cattle Shower":2454212o said:
I like'em, but I don't think that they would survive and thrive up here...

We had this discussion at coffee the other day :D . There was a guy around here that bought some bramahs, they did really well during the summer, and he got some crossbred calves out of them. But when winter hit, they were keeping them in the barn (unheated), and they were losing them. In the end, I believe that they even put them in a heated shop, but were still losing them. I think they lost all the purebreds, but the crossbred calves survived, and he kept some in the herd where they did very well.

You'd have to be able to ship them to the southern states for the winter if a Saskie like us would get one or ten. lol. I liki ethe looks and they seem to be good mothers... just wishthey could withstand this climate here...