Boomless Sprayer

Help Support CattleToday:

gertman

Reaction score
I' m planning to buy a 150-200 gallon pull type sprayer with a boomless nozzle, can you all recommend any brands to buy or stay away from.

Would you not be able to use a boom type sprayer in your application? My experience with a boomless sprayer was that it could really be used effectively about maybe 10 days out of a year. Wind has to be 100% calm or you'll be spraying half the county. I found that I sprayed me much more effectively than my pasture. Finally converted it to boom type, but left the boomless nozzle in place just for spraying real tight areas.

Jim62":3ops4zby said:
Would you not be able to use a boom type sprayer in your application? My experience with a boomless sprayer was that it could really be used effectively about maybe 10 days out of a year. Wind has to be 100% calm or you'll be spraying half the county. I found that I sprayed me much more effectively than my pasture. Finally converted it to boom type, but left the boomless nozzle in place just for spraying real tight areas.
I'm glad someone else mentioned it first. I have a boom type and the neighbor bought a boomless. Seems he likes to use mine more then his because it's more uniform in our area. But his is easier to store under a roof then mine is.

The new type boomless nozzles have less drift than a boom.
I did not believe this until I saw a demonstration and used one. The Remcor link I posted will explain it better, but basically it uses larger droplets (less drift). Where I spray it always seems to be windy.

I cannot remember how many hours I have spent maintaining my old 20' boom and nozzles.

JDsafeman":2ygurip7 said:
The new type boomless nozzles have less drift than a boom.
I did not believe this until I saw a demonstration and used one. The Remcor link I posted will explain it better, but basically it uses larger droplets (less drift). Where I spray it always seems to be windy.

I cannot remember how many hours I have spent maintaining my old 20' boom and nozzles.
Can you be more specific as to which nozzle? I have the boom jet 5880-3⁄4. It works OK but the coverage is not the best. I also have a boom that I like a lot better. Now if I could just afford a foam marker, better yet a GPS as long as I'm wishing.

I have the one shown in this picture...http://www.remcorsprayers.com/xp_boomjet.htm.
I get a 29' spread very consistently. I usually overlap about a foot, but on one field I did not overlap enough. A week later it was very noticeable where I missed. It gave me the opportunity to measure the actual coverage.
The manufacturer is near where I live but they have dealers that may be near you. These people are very knowledgeable about their product and are very friendly.
Others may make something like this, I don't know. I have been very impressed with its performance on breezy days.

We sell a centerline GPS unit which is perfect for spraying for $1150.00. Def not cheap for me but they are getting better on price.

ryan_289":ura6mqge said:
We sell a centerline GPS unit which is perfect for spraying for $1150.00. Def not cheap for me but they are getting better on price.
That's what I started with. Finally managed to sell it and got a foam marker.

dun":32thfvio said:
ryan_289":32thfvio said:
Why?

novatech":2sa8o91q said:
dun":2sa8o91q said:
ryan_289":2sa8o91q said:
Why?
In small irregular areas by the time it had caught up to where the tractor needed be I would be half way done with a pass. I also didn;t like after a couple of weeks to see the small strips here and there that I wasn;t as precise as I like to be. I sold it to one of the fertilizer spreaders and he really likes it, but he can;t make as tight of turns at the end of a pass as I do with the sprayer.

dun":1lohu88a said:
In small irregular areas by the time it had caught up to where the tractor needed be I would be half way done with a pass. I also didn;t like after a couple of weeks to see the small strips here and there that I wasn;t as precise as I like to be. I sold it to one of the fertilizer spreaders and he really likes it, but he can;t make as tight of turns at the end of a pass as I do with the sprayer.
Thanks for the info. My pastures don't have a straight line anywhere and the bends are frequent and tight. I end up with a lot of overlap or misses. The foam markers are pricey but still cheaper in the long run compared to wasting chemical.
I found this one that I may try and build. Seems pretty simple. http://www.straightwayfence.com/tractor ... prayer.htm

novatech":1wkvpbsq said:
dun":1wkvpbsq said:
Thanks for the info. My pastures don't have a straight line anywhere and the bends are frequent and tight. I end up with a lot of overlap or misses. The foam markers are pricey but still cheaper in the long run compared to wasting chemical.
I found this one that I may try and build. Seems pretty simple. http://www.straightwayfence.com/tractor ... prayer.htm
This is the one I have
http://www.linco.com/foamers.htm

dun":fqmprd7r said:

You also have multi-path error problems when the satalite constellation isn't in its optimum position. People will say this doesn't matter but it does. With the computer I can easily check the constellation but in general, here, you don't want to be out there expecting good readings from noon till 2:00 pm.

Jogeephus":8gktu6lm said:
dun":8gktu6lm said:

You also have multi-path error problems when the satalite constellation isn't in its optimum position. People will say this doesn't matter but it does. With the computer I can easily check the constellation but in general, here, you don't want to be out there expecting good readings from noon till 2:00 pm.
Never have had a satellite problem with the foam marker

We are looking for a boomless sprayer about 300 gallons. I saw the post about the Remcor and have talked to them, sounds really nice but a long way away from me to go and get. Does anyone have any other recommendations.

hamilton boomless nozzle is another good one (google it)
they are available in a 5 10 20 gpm and can be set at 90 degree or 180 degree pattern

Will a 100 gal 3pt boomless overload a Ford 3600 (too much rear hanging weight)?

Any feasibility to adding a trailing or tail wheel similar to what a bush hog uses to take part of the weight?

greybeard said:
Will a 100 gal 3pt boomless overload a Ford 3600 (too much rear hanging weight)?

Any feasibility to adding a trailing or tail wheel similar to what a bush hog uses to take part of the weight?[/quote

Should be no problem your are looking at around 800 lbs for water and what ever the sprayer weighs may be another 200 lbs.