Black Like Me

Help Support CattleToday:

Ever hear an Irish man complain about his ancestors being slaves? Or a chinese man? They were indentured servants also. The only difference is that my Irish ancestors didn't get sold by their own family. Both the Irish and the Chinese were treated horribly as well.

Hook":19d0wfgs said:
Ever hear an Irish man complain about his ancestors being slaves? Or a chinese man? They were indentured servants also. The only difference is that my Irish ancestors didn't get sold by their own family. Both the Irish and the Chinese were treated horribly as well.
An induntured servant was a servant by his own choosing. Usually to pay off a debt or loan etc. He would eventually be free of his chosen state of being.

Mine came here to get away from religious Slavery. Had to pay there own way to get here in the 1600's, some as indentured servants. Fought in the revolutionary war to end slavery to the crown. Fought in the Civil War to make all men free. They were slaves to the coal mines, the oil wells, railroad, and even to the grain elevator. But they didn't complain or ask for hand outs. Would of rather starved then ask for a hand out because of past "suffering", or because they were Irish or Scottish.

I'm like Red Angus, my family didn't have slaves so why should I pay? Why not complain to the Democrats, and make them pay?

sim.-ang.king":t69ec1yi said:
Mine came here to get away from religious Slavery. Had to pay there own way to get here in the 1600's, some as indentured servants. Fought in the revolutionary war to end slavery to the crown. Fought in the Civil War to make all men free. They were slaves to the coal mines, the oil wells, railroad, and even to the grain elevator. But they didn't complain or ask for hand outs. Would of rather starved then ask for a hand out because of past "suffering", or because they were Irish or Scottish.

I'm like Red Angus, my family didn't have slaves so why should I pay? Why not complain to the Democrats, and make them pay?

Whose money do you think Democrats will use. Al Gore's?

Answer: yours.

inyati13":iq5e0zvo said:
sim.-ang.king":iq5e0zvo said:

Whose money do you think Democrats will use. Al Gore's?

Answer: yours.
Your right, because the democrats are just dignified bums.

sim.-ang.king":3alid7tr said:

The original family farm cemetery is in Wolfs Den Maryland, we got here in the early 1600's Scot-Irish fleeing religious persecution.
Fought in the every war since the Revolutionary. Fought on both sides in the War of Northern Aggression.

Well my ancestry does include owning slaves. But it ain't got a hill of beans to do with me.

What we view as wrong in today's eyes is tainted by the horror stories of yesteryear. A vast majority of the servants in those days would not leave their masters under any circumstance. A vast majority of slaves were owned by native Americans. The chief owned them and they had to pay with their first crops. They lived their own lives in the native community. A lot of the blacks that claim native history were the product of slavery.

It's the white man that's to blame though.

Ok this is my take on slavery, my 5th greatgrandaddy was the first to own slaves in my part of the state. He was a captain in the confederate Army along with his brother also a captain. He and his brother were awarded land before the civil war basically all of what's now grayson county va.

Yes they owned slaves but from What I read in the old family documents the slaves were almost treated like family and always had plenty of food and a nicer house than I live in today. According to the records even after the civil war after they were considered free they didn't want to leave because they didn't know anything else and were happy where they were.

Slavery wasnt as bad as a lot of people make it out to be.

trappersteve":37zhx37g said:
Ok this is my take on slavery, my 5th greatgrandaddy was the first to own slaves in my part of the state. He was a captain in the confederate Army along with his brother also a captain. He and his brother were awarded land before the civil war basically all of what's now grayson county va.

Yes they owned slaves but from What I read in the old family documents the slaves were almost treated like family and always had plenty of food and a nicer house than I live in today. According to the records even after the civil war after they were considered free they didn't want to leave because they didn't know anything else and were happy where they were.

yea this guy tried to make me a slave luckily I ran back to my side of the state lol

trappersteve":3he3rx7e said:

The war was never fought over slavery in the first place it was fought over power in Washington, not a whole lot different than today. The Dem's from the north and south got mad at each other and held two conventions.
That is the only reason Lincoln won. Lincoln was just the excuse if it hadn't been him they would have found
another. The country was that divided. The hypocrisy of it all today we claim nation's all over the world have the right
to separate and form their own government. Slavery was doomed to fade away with the industrial revolution anyway.
Share cropping was much more profitable as well to the landowner.

Why is it OK to claim our ancestors as long as they are not white.

Colored people will claim Native American status and most don't even know that the only reason they were affiliated with that tribe is because the were SLAVES.

its a double standard.

Latest posts