Black Buzzards

Help Support CattleToday:

There is a roost with probably 300+ in a big highline tower across the street. We've found them nesting on our place. Trust me, nothing we do is going to affect how many are in our area. We calve about a mile from where we dump.

The county landfill is not real far from me as the crow flies, or in this case black buzzard. I see them roosting on a large water tower by a quarry hole not far from my house either.

inyati13 wrote:
Red Bull Breeder has concluded the same thing I have. They don't come around as bad in late winter so if your cows calve then, you are somewhat safe. But I started seeing them by April. Also, vulture's roost so are not a factor at night. But how do you tell your cow to only give birth at night?

Quit playin around on the other end so much and move up to her head and whisper sweet nothin's in her ear

MrJimH":dqv3fly1 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":dqv3fly1 said:
They wore us out at our farm in northern Kentucky this spring. We lost 3 calves that we know of.

We're about to calve out 28 first time heifers or 2nd calf cows and I'm really nervous about a reoccurrence.

Where are you located?

TN/KY border, middle in the Bugtussel area.

Pleased to meet you Mr. Jim.

Latest posts