Black Angus

Help Support CattleToday:

rookiefarmer":1fwttjw2 said:
I have a friend who has a black angus (not registered). He is 3 yrs old, very good disposition ( will eat treats out of your hand). she describes him as a " big but not huge" She wants to sell him and it sounds like this would be a good begginer bull. Can anyone give me a ballpark figure on the price for this bull. She has no idea what she wants for it and I have noidea what to offer.

I could be misunderstanding the 'beginner bull' comment, but the fact that this bull 'will eat treats out of your hand' disqualifies him as a beginner bull for me - someone will get hurt! I personally would not buy someone else's pet bull, regardless of how good he was, because I don't want to deal with having to retrain him to respect me and my space.

Frankie":1sz2aur8 said:
rookiefarmer":1sz2aur8 said:
I have a friend who has a black angus (not registered). He is 3 yrs old, very good disposition ( will eat treats out of your hand). she describes him as a " big but not huge" She wants to sell him and it sounds like this would be a good begginer bull. Can anyone give me a ballpark figure on the price for this bull. She has no idea what she wants for it and I have noidea what to offer.

If he's not registered, no EPDs, no performance information, I'd agree with CSM. Pay market price per pound. If you know about his health, vaccinations, etc, he might be worth a bit more. Be careful. Just because he eats cubes out of your hand, doesn't mean he won't knock you down and walk on you when cows start cycling. Personally, I prefer a bull that takes a step or two back when I get within his "personal" space.
Thanks for the advice. I didnt think of it like that. I am glad I found this forum. I have already learned alot here.

Brute 23 said:
I agree about having a Bull that keeps a little distance. I like to be able to walk all around them but I don't need them eating out of my hand. You'll be in a tight spot one time and that bull will come up and want to eat out of your hand... :shock:

I buy full-blooded Brangus Bulls that are not registered but have papers?[/quote
Thanks for the advice. I have passed on this bull. Think I will try to get a calf and raise him myself. thansk to all that responded to this.]

ggevans":318zwvf1 said:
Well, I figured out how to register and post. Let the learning begin! :lol:

I see you made it! Good deal!!!!!! As you can see I have overwhelmingly been advised not to buy the bull you and I talked about!!!!