Big rubber tire water tanks

Help Support CattleToday:

Chocolate Cow":362dlagi said:
True Grit, I bought my tire tanks myself. $1,025 each. No giverment money. Just in case you wondered. Drilled two wells and installed 5 solars with my own $$$.
That's a good thing, another proud American not looking for a handout. After the last hurricane in Florida I figured there wasn't any left. Everyone even the rich and famous were ENTITLED to $350.00 dollars from FEMA. The deadbeats and freeloaders were ENTITLED up to $900.00 each. Some of the folks were covering their faces so no one could recognize them, like the criminals do on TV.
I met guy that cut the tires Louisville last here he's from Colorado and said trucking was the major expense in tire tanks. There's a Michelin commercial tire plant in South Carolina? That he cuts blems at and he give me a unbelievable price compared to what you pay. The only thing is I'd have to pick them up.

Lucky_P, where they talk of a concrete top, mine is a metal culvert pipe with a manhole cover for the top. I have also seen them used from a plastic barrel with a screw on top. It has worked for 12 years and I had to take the valve apart 1 time to get the fine materials out that had collected over the years. Put it back together and its working great. Never freezes either because its under ground.

I've gotten used combine tires from local farm tire service outfits - they're more than willing to let you have them, rather than pay the disposal fee. Same for the local custom fertilizer/lime spreading outfit - they have stacks of big tires out on the back side of the lot... will load 'em for you if you'll haul 'em off.
I've not had any problems cutting sidewalls with a reciprocating saw... have only had one that had steel belts in it, and it was no match for the sawzall blade.

i have tires for sale left and right for a bargain of only $800.00 ... PM if interested. Discounts available !

rnh2":2vgr59mu said:
Anyone have pics or diagrams?

Took these pictures today. I have six like this that the water gravity flows from a big spring that are just about maintenance free. These were put in service in 1999 and I have replace the Robert Valve "BOB" once in them and that is just about it. (After bout 15 years the valves got to were they would barely seep through and if cattle wasn't around the tank for a couple weeks would fill to the top so I replaced, The BOB valves will handle high pressure and cutoff good as I have around 70 psi at some of the water tanks) The float is under grown and it gravity flows to the tank and you can set the float to what ever level you want the water to be in the tank. Also on the "BOB" valves you can screw a garden hose on them and put a weight on the float and fill up a portable tank at the float box. When I spray I will do this a lot as I can fill up and not have to come back to the house. Also use all pvc pipe as it will be around many years with no problems unlike metal or galvanize.

Here is the valve:
https://www.amazon.com/Robert-Manufactu ... obert+Manu
51gvB-OxhvL.jpg

bNoJcSj.jpg

1dBkz72.jpg

MFI2KoA.jpg

aWdDtAZ.jpg

A44aW7P.jpg

yPj95XZ.jpg

Here are some of the Heifer calves that are drinking out of the tanks.
mpf7VKl.jpg

kenny thomas":3kc8feed said:
Where were you 2 weeks ago when I was trying to post pictures of these. Lol

I just went back and read the complete thread as I hadn't read it all before. I would have posted them if I had saw it as I wonder what you were talking about.

Latest posts