Big rubber tire water tanks

Help Support CattleToday:

Yeah, that's what I thought I'd remembered about the Jobes...
The McDonalds handle trash/algae/small critters with no problem.
I haven't yet figured out how the cows manage to snap off the risers, unless they're drinking the water down real fast and grabbing the rope on the float and just pulling til they break that Schedule 80 pvc pipe. Really ticks me off when they do that...
Guess if I had the REALLY big tires, maybe they wouldn't be able to reach any of the mechanics... but with smaller combine tires, nothing's completely out of reach.

Lucky_P":3of67aio said:
Yeah, that's what I thought I'd remembered about the Jobes...
The McDonalds handle trash/algae/small critters with no problem.
I haven't yet figured out how the cows manage to snap off the risers, unless they're drinking the water down real fast and grabbing the rope on the float and just pulling til they break that Schedule 80 pvc pipe. Really ticks me off when they do that...
Guess if I had the REALLY big tires, maybe they wouldn't be able to reach any of the mechanics... but with smaller combine tires, nothing's completely out of reach.
Look at the designs that puts the float in a covered upright culvert pipe outside of the tire. Mine is probably 20 ft away on the other side of a fence.

KT,
Do you have a link you could post?
I can't quite envision what you're describing, but it sounds like it would solve the issue for me.
Thanks
LLP

Lucky_P":3l2ju17b said:
KT,
Do you have a link you could post?
I can't quite envision what you're describing, but it sounds like it would solve the issue for me.
Thanks
LLP
I will see if i can get a link in a few minutes.

kenny thomas":3nfdc7st said:
If you or someone that can post it here will send me your email I will forward it to someone to post the link
It is a NRCS design.

True Grit, I bought my tire tanks myself. $1,025 each. No giverment money. Just in case you wondered. Drilled two wells and installed 5 solars with my own $$$.

Latest posts