Big cats

Help Support CattleToday:

reeler":3jt0n4k0 said:
There are times when cattle will fight back against a predator.For example, Google: Black bear attacks mother cow, herd fights back (8 Photos)
A herd might run one off but I seriously doubt one cow would have a chance.

TexasBred":61b82h16 said:
reeler":61b82h16 said:
There are times when cattle will fight back against a predator.For example, Google: Black bear attacks mother cow, herd fights back (8 Photos)
A herd might run one off but I seriously doubt one cow would have a chance.
Agreed, There's strength in numbers, & in cows like Cenci :nod:

Bigfoot":31pai7pk said:
I wonder if cg8 caught her cat?
No, but it did come back. Husband shot a pig back where we've lost calves to it. He shot the 200 pound pig at around 1am..I went out as the sun was coming up at around 6am.. The pig had been gutted and meat on backbone eaten..Not a blade of grass was trampled, no blood was dropped. Something laid down and chowed down. I have pictures of the pig somewhere. I got a new computer and there is no pictures on it yet...
A delivery driver was driving on our road down by my inlaws. A cougar jumped out in front of him, stopped, then ran into the woods by their house. He went to their house and warned them a cougar was near their house. That is a half mile from ours, and about a mile from where we've had calves mauled.
Touch Butt is doing ok. The damage he had to his spine is showing now. His backend is small and he isn't growing. I'm guessing he's around 200 pounds, if that much. I've found that animal maulings do a number on livestock. They are never normal afterwards. He will forever be a pet.
Eventually, I will get that cat. Son in law has an acquaintance that hunts cats for a living. I did not know this last time he was here. But next time he's around, i'm going to go nab him and get pointers on how to get it....

Latest posts