Big Boy Jr.

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
So except for the Angus bull, essentially all of your cattle are related to each other in one way or another?

When you talk to your Angus bull's breeder be sure to show him the picture you posted here. He may be surprised.

Well, except for 3way who has a partner, but i dont judge who a person pairs with, but i bet his partner would be disappointed too..[/quote]

My partner is a member here also and he thinks we should hire you as an advisor on how to improve out respective herds. He also says that if you have the money to buy in he would be willing to make our partnership a ménage a Trois.

About $100,000 should do it and then after you have put your money where your mouth is you can make a trip north every year and help us plan the AI matings and select a new herd bull. Heck I might even let you help me select next years cull heifer herd improvers.

We were so impressed with ole hatchet ass that we want you to share your superior selection skills with us.

cowgirl8":1wemnw0v said:
wacocowboy":1wemnw0v said:
I think you would be really surprised at how much better your calves would be if you went out and bought a few quality Char, Sim, or Beefmaster bulls instead of keeping bulls. You don't have to pay an arm and leg for registered bulls since you are not breeding registered cattle you can find a bunch of quality purebred bulls. Not all breeders feed their bulls like show calves, a lot of them are raising their bull more natural so they don't fall apart because that looks bad on the breeder. At the end of the day its your cows your money and whatever makes you happy.
We bought the kitty hammed bull. I'll be sure to mention that to the breeder when we go and look at his bulls. We have registered bulls, these bulls are on our old sim cows. Yall guys cant seem to get past that. I've showed you one herd, except for the kitty ham bull who is on heifers. But please keep critiquing, its hilarious. I'm sure if anyone is reading any of this, they see just what kind of guys yall are. I'm sure something you've never thought about, you just like to think it makes you seem smart. Have you guys ever wonder why your little groups of posters are the only ones here. People come and ask questions, but after a while you run them off. Kind of sad sack of turds you are.

post some pics of the registered bulls show us the rest of the herds. I never critiqued your animals just said you might get better results. Why are you happy just getting above average for your animals I always want my animals to be at the top. Feels good going home from the sale barn when one of your animals was the top in their class and it is nice when that check is a lil fatter.

I didnt deserve this. We get above average for our calves. How much are we suppose to get? Again, we dont raise registered animals, we raise meat animals.. I'll have to say this, if i ever opened up the computer and saw that this is what my husband spent his day doing i'd be very disappointed. Well, except for 3way who has a partner, but i dont judge who a person pairs with, but i bet his partner would be disappointed too..[/quote]

Well I'm not making excuses, but thank the good Lord it's rained here all day so I've spent some time catching up on CT. Glad I did. As always, have learned some new stuff.

fitz

I reread this thread again and the common theme as with most of your threads is you talking like your operation is more superior than any one else and your in inability to take any kind of difference in opinion. I learned along time ago that I can learn more with my mouth closed. If you actually took a momnent and observed and researched what some of the people are saying you would see they know what they are talking about. This is a cattle board and even though there is alot of other stuff that is talked about the meat is still cattle. I personally would rather hear the truth than a lie. The people you see posting a lot are not running a clique the just happen out going and enjoy conversation. People that get their feelings hurt and leave are people that thin skinned or to stubborn to think they could be wrong.

fitz":3fk5myrb said:
I didnt deserve this. We get above average for our calves. How much are we suppose to get? Again, we dont raise registered animals, we raise meat animals.. I'll have to say this, if i ever opened up the computer and saw that this is what my husband spent his day doing i'd be very disappointed. Well, except for 3way who has a partner, but i dont judge who a person pairs with, but i bet his partner would be disappointed too..

Well I'm not making excuses, but thank the good Lord it's rained here all day so I've spent some time catching up on CT. Glad I did. As always, have learned some new stuff.

fitz[/quote]
I dunno. I post a picture of a bull and when i'm told how bad our business is, i disagree, i'm told i argue thinking i know more. Never once said the bull was perfect. Well, i know more about our business that these guys cant see sitting at their computers. They take a direction and bowl everyone down to keep it, then i'm told i dont like being told i'm wrong when they spend 6 pages telling me i am..lol...Yes, i would love to get top dollar for EVERY calf, but i dont have a few, i have hundreds. And anyone here telling me they get the top dollar for every calf that goes to the sale is a idiot and a liar if he says he does. I have 5 herds of cows. This one herd is their last pasture. Some of these cows were born last century. I like showing this herd because the calves are marked. I miss the sim days because the calves were individual and not all black like the other herds. And anyone that says sim marked calves hurt you at the sale barn is a person who has blinders on. My other herds do have registered bulls, this bull out preformed them on his first year. If at any point this bull shows he's not producing, he's gone. This isnt my first rodeo. Why is it so hard for these guys to believe that, first, i'm out to make money and two, i wouldnt do it if i kept bulls that dont produce. Its not me that doesnt like to be wrong, its them. I thought about getting more pictures but, lol, i can already see the feeding frenzy. :deadhorse:
And 3way, i wouldnt like you whether your straight or gay...you're still a jerk. But its nice to know that you have friends here despite your sexual orientation.

And 3way, i wouldnt like you whether your straight or gay...you're still a jerk. But its nice to know that you have friends here despite your sexual orientation.[/quote]

Hey there old girl I meant a 3way business partnership. As far as the sex goes you are on your own(and my guess is you could use some). Now get off the computer and back onto your 4wheeler,stop the name calling, and get back to torturing snakes and running your vast cattle empire. If nothing else please organize your thoughts on heritability of color in beef cattle and publish your findings. They are nothing short of brilliant! :tiphat:

.........like I said I really need to stop arguing with you. You are killing me on experience.

One last thought and I am for sure done with you.

Don't you find it at all strange that all these fine people here who initially tried to help you could all be wrong and you be so right. Here's a link for you to peruse in your spare time. And don't think for a minute that I am the only one who has used this word in regard to your outlook on life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissist ... y_disorder

I'm glad in spite of all this craziness people here are open to 3ways choices. At least you are tolerant of different lifestyles. I believe people like him are born that way. So cheers to your tolerance of his lifestyle. Broke back mountain has nothing on 3way.

cowgirl8":rqijbplu said:
I'm glad in spite of all this craziness people here are open to 3ways choices. At least you are tolerant of different lifestyles. I believe people like him are born that way. So cheers to your tolerance of his lifestyle. Broke back mountain has nothing on 3way.

That is just plain sad. :frowns:

Gelbvieh 5":e6x1sv94 said:
cowgirl8":e6x1sv94 said:

You don't agree with his lifestyle? We should all be tolerant.

Well, I've been reading this thread and trying to keep up with the comments. Don't know if I should respond or not in one that looks heated, but here I am taking the plunge. First, I'll agree the cow looks like she has some Holstein but then again I have a cow that looks like a purebred Char that doesn't have a drip drop in her. I think the white face bull and the young red bull are decent bulls, not a fan of the black angus bull. How I see it there isn't enough perfect bulls out there for every cattleman to have one. I also do see the flat hams or ass that everyone is talking about. Bad looking bulls and average bulls can still have nice calves but maybe just not as consistent as a good looking stout bull (or should I say perfect bull). I was taught there wasn't a perfect animal just like there isn't a perfect human being (or even cattle farmer or rancher). Personally I didn't think this topic should of got this heated. Give the poster your opinion and advice, then move on. He'll take it or he won't. The poster needs to accept the feedback and not let it offend him or her. There is always going to be critics as well as breed haters. I've had 3way pick on one of our bulls I have posted before, but that was his opinion and I think he meant well and was right to a degree. A customer did come by and really loved the bull and purchased him at a good price. Therefore different ones have their likes and dislikes, you tell me who is wrong and right. The calves posted here I really like, maybe I'm a sucker for chrome. True they have chrome, true order buyers will sometimes run from it or dock for it compared to a solid black uniform calf here. I've had a few in the past come out with those markings (Foundation Simmental Marks). One looked a lot like one of these calves and I really liked them and ours went with the black calves at the auction and did well. I wouldn't call them mongrels, just chrome calves. Indeed the original poster could get better bulls and get more uniformed calves but he would pay dearly for them most likely. His isn't that bad to go that route from what I have seen. I would buy some bulls from pedigree's outside of the herd though. Okay there is my opinion.

cowgirl8":3dk35zii said:
Gelbvieh 5":3dk35zii said:
cowgirl8":3dk35zii said:

you are the only one that takes a cattle term and turns it into a sexual term here. you must have a sad life or were deprived of a proper upbringing

FlyingLSimmentals":1nsj5zmu said:
Well, I've been reading this thread and trying to keep up with the comments. Don't know if I should respond or not in one that looks heated, but here I am taking the plunge. First, I'll agree the cow looks like she has some Holstein but then again I have a cow that looks like a purebred Char that doesn't have a drip drop in her. I think the white face bull and the young red bull are decent bulls, not a fan of the black angus bull. How I see it there isn't enough perfect bulls out there for every cattleman to have one. I also do see the flat hams or ass that everyone is talking about. Bad looking bulls and average bulls can still have nice calves but maybe just not as consistent as a good looking stout bull (or should I say perfect bull). I was taught there wasn't a perfect animal just like there isn't a perfect human being (or even cattle farmer or rancher). Personally I didn't think this topic should of got this heated. Give the poster your opinion and advice, then move on. He'll take it or he won't. The poster needs to accept the feedback and not let it offend him or her. There is always going to be critics as well as breed haters. I've had 3way pick on one of our bulls I have posted before, but that was his opinion and I think he meant well and was right to a degree. A customer did come by and really loved the bull and purchased him at a good price. Therefore different ones have their likes and dislikes, you tell me who is wrong and right. The calves posted here I really like, maybe I'm a sucker for chrome. True they have chrome, true order buyers will sometimes run from it or dock for it compared to a solid black uniform calf here. I've had a few in the past come out with those markings (Foundation Simmental Marks). One looked a lot like one of these calves and I really liked them and ours went with the black calves at the auction and did well. I wouldn't call them mongrels, just chrome calves. Indeed the original poster could get better bulls and get more uniformed calves but he would pay dearly for them most likely. His isn't that bad to go that route from what I have seen. I would buy some bulls from pedigree's outside of the herd though. Okay there is my opinion.
Thank you. I totally agree with you. It's not that I disagreed that I could have better bulls. I again got swamped with comments that I know everything. What I know is we are happy with what our calves sell for. And if I need business advice I'll ask someone I know knows money, not some random person who seems to have way too much time on a forum. Sitting here watching my last calf of the season being born. Phone is about to die. Tootles

You sure he's not steerd already?? :lol:
I am with the others.. hes got some muscle to him, but for a herd bull, not for me.

Yay, last calf of the season. This is a cow in my old cow herd who was one of my kids commercial show heifer years ago, mostly sim bred to Big Boy Jr. Probably the biggest born this year, i'm guessing well over 100 and shot out like a rocket. I'd never put BB in my more angus herds. I know these cows can handle a sim. Little worried about the color of the amniotic fluid, so i'll watch this guy closely. But he's red AND WHITE sim marked. I had to go get her off the pond dam, aimed him right off the dam bank into the water. She did not want to move but did, really glad i made an extra trip to this pasture before coming to the house i would have surely found him floating in the water. Not the first time she's tried this, lucky i remembered that.

Going to do some heavy culling this fall. MyGirl will be a cull. Her last 2 calves didnt own up to what she usually produces. Gave her one more try for old times sake. So fellas, get ready, we'll be selling 3 mo bred culls so get your money ready... ;-)

cowgirl8":27t44cl3 said:
FlyingLSimmentals":27t44cl3 said:
Thank you. I totally agree with you. It's not that I disagreed that I could have better bulls. I again got swamped with comments that I know everything. What I know is we are happy with what our calves sell for. And if I need business advice I'll ask someone I know knows money, not some random person who seems to have way too much time on a forum. Sitting here watching my last calf of the season being born. Phone is about to die. Tootles
Flyingsims, the money advice was aimed at the posters starting on page 3, mainly 3way and TB who seem to like throwing punches at me. I went back and read everything and i kept agreeing that the bulls could be better, but if i'm happy and my calves bring higher than average prices at the sale that should have been good enough for them. Pages 1 and 2, the conversations were polite and no one was jabbing at anyone. But 3way comes in and it just goes south. I tried to stay civil, but you know i'm only human. But while out in the field i was finally happy to read your post, i again have faith in humanity. I just want to talk cows, thats all.

cowgirl8":2107oxoi said:
Gelbvieh 5":2107oxoi said:
cowgirl8":2107oxoi said:

What I meant, and you know it. Is how sad it is that you are so mean spirited and defensive that you take a cattle term and try to make it about someone's sexual orientation. I guess the last resort of the ignorant when they feel themselves losing a fight is to resort to name calling, and you have proved it.

You just succeeded in calling over half of this forum turds and another member a homosexual because they had the audacity to call you on some ignorant statements.
Probably a good time for you to look inward for your next round of name calling.

Gelbvieh 5":18czes1f said:
You just succeeded in calling over half of this forum turds and another member a homosexual because they had the audacity to call you on some ignorant statements.
Probably a good time for you to look inward for your next round of name calling.
[/quote]
You guys should have just let it go, including me. I agreed the bulls could look better, but you guys had to go off on everything. Go back to page 3 and read again. If its me that made this go south, then i totally dont belong here. I tried and :deadhorse:

cowgirl8":1h5ye7n1 said:

I been trying to stay out of this and for the most part off your post, now I have something to say, you are a true idiot! Just keep feeding chicken shyt to your mediocre herd and continue your race to being a guru. You don't know shyt about 99.9% of the folks here or who have been here in the past.

A word of advice and I could care less if you want it or not, think before you turn your fingers loose on your keyboard.
:tiphat:
Alan

I been trying to stay out of this and for the most part off your post, now I have something to say, you are a true idiot! Just keep feeding chicken shyt to your mediocre herd and continue your race to being a guru. You don't know shyt about 99.9% of the folks here or who have been here in the past.

A word of advice and I could care less if you want it or not, think before you turn your fingers loose on your keyboard.
:tiphat:
Alan
And there you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts