Better to embryo transfer or buy super females???

Help Support CattleToday:

KentuckyRookie":2mu17gzn said:
Red Bull Breeder":2mu17gzn said:
Unless your dead set on angus i have some Limis that just might the kinda of donor cows you are looking for, at around $10,000.oo each i could turn loose of about a dozen.

What a certified A.S.S.H.O.L.E. you must be. If that is the best info you can contribute to this particular thread then you have shown us your intelligence and it wasn't much dirt bag. Go crawl back under the barn where you sleep out on the range and leave conversations on this thread to others. Do you breed them personally or something. Do you buy your cows lipstick and buy them dinner before you breed them personally? Did you get someone to spell the big words for you? Does your mom still wipe your butt when you crap? See....how stupid that sounds. That is what you did in your reply. I am sure this is above your head trust me you prick.

I'll tell you what old boy, you're the PRICK. You get on this board and start spewing insults like this about people you don't even know. I certainly hope you show up on one of these folks farms to buy your "super cows". Better yet I hope you show up at mine. I'll take you out behind the barn and teach you some much needed manners before you settle down in your little piece of paradise. The first lesson you need to learn about the cattle business when you are starting out is ask questions, listen and keep your mouth shut until you know what your talking about. Some of the advise you get will be useful, some won't. You need to determine which is which and make your decisions.
As far as making money from cattle, I'd venture most of the folks on this board have another source of income that supplements their cattle operation. I myself served 20+ years in the military so that I could afford to come back home and raise cattle. Even with retirement I still pick up jobs here and there to make ends meet. Now in the future, when I have the improvements made to the farm that I want done, the genetics that I am breeding for established and the REPUTATION of an responsible cattleman I hope the tide will turn and the farm will supplement my retirement. But I promise you I didn't start out by burning bridges I hadn't crossed yet. My advise to you would be to keep the insults in check or seek advise elsewhere.

I have been called asshole and prick by alot people being called such names by some one setting at a keyboard a few hundred miles away dosen't trouble me in the least. Yes i do buy my cows dinner,breakfast and lunch just as you will when and if you every get cows. It you own them you have to supply there feed. Yes i do breed them personally it is called AI one armup their ass the other hand putting the bull juice where it needs to be. Yes i have spent many a night out with the cows, pulling a calf or just checking heifers that are ready to calve, or even just trying to catch a certian cow in heat. Yes i spend a lot with my cows they are a lot better company than people like you. You have surely got alot to learn. If you are not getting into cattle because you love the life you had better stay out.

I guess KentuckyRookie didn't want to share his high opinion of me with everyone else on the board. He sent me this lovely e-mail yesterday.

I am not sure but are you inbred? Did the military screw you up or are you just that stupid from birth? Behind the woodshed? Is that the best you can come up with? You are the perfect poster child for ignorance. Go breed your own cows while standing on a milk crate and leave the money making to others. I probably have made more money in the past day on Angus than you will your entire life. Screw you and the military reference as it has no place on this thread. If you cannot supply positive news or advice then shut the hell up you one tooth bastard. :cry2:

I'm plenty tall enough to AI my cows without standing on a milk crate. If your referring to something else I think your on the wrong website. I am interested in knowing how you made more money on Angus in the past day than I will in my entire life. Didn't you post earlier that you don't own a single cow and have never raised one? I'm glad to see my military service protecting your freedom of speech offends you also.

I didn't blast you for being new. I "blasted you" as you say for insulting people and using vulgar language. No one had called you any kind of derogatory name before you started doing it. No one made any reference to your family, intelligence or anything personal. They gave you their opinions, granted some had a bit of sarcasm, but you chose to take things to a personal level. I referenced the military because I saw how tough it was for my father to work a regular job and raise cattle while I was growing up. I chose an occupation that offered an early retirement that would allow me to have a steady source of income regardless of what state the cattle industry was in. The point is prepare for the worst and hope for the best. The cattle business has a lot of risks you can't always anticipate. You have to plan for short falls; drought, feed shortages, equipment break downs, disease.... If you were to be totally relying on cattle as your source of income and something happens to them, what do you do? What if you were to get hurt and be off your feet for a month or two, who would keep your operation running? What most of the people replying to your post were telling you is don't put all your eggs in one basket and hope they all hatch. Start small, see what it takes to run an operation, see if you like it after you've done it for awhile and then go from there.

I hope you have success with whatever method you choose. Good luck.

KentuckyRookie":3mh3tzxl said:
I am wanting to start small in the genetics attempt at cattle. I am trying to weigh the costs of ET with a registered angus cow ( around B$40, with good maternal milk and ease ). or buying a super up and coming female or two and what they would cost me per se????

What would be the price to buy over $50B females straight up?
What could you get per flush of a solid donor cow product?

Why not acquire young and unproven inexpensive registered Angus cows with great numbers and great pedigrees, slap the best bull semen in them to select the best of the next generation and do the same thing over and over. The low prices could imply there is something less than average related to performance. However, the potential gene combinations would be acquired at a steep discount. After all, we are after acquiring the best genes with the least amount of cash. If you generate embryos, you could have them implanted in someone elses' recipients for around weaned calf market price + $250. Since I am expecting the weaned calf market to tank to multi-year lows, this could be an attractive investment. I generated 127 embryos from 15 flushes last time, three flushes from each cow from semen from fifteen bulls. Cost of embryo generation was about $30K or so not counting the cows. The reward could be in breeding a great unique animal that outperforms all other animals including the discounted cow and premium bull from which the semen came from. Once you get there, it would be possible to combine genes through linebreeding to jump past performance. Then market the genes, not the animals, as they are very portable and they keep if frozen.

KMacGinley":1rsffuyb said:
Is there a mental institution in Kentucky that allows its inmates access to the internet?

I thought you lived in Indiana. :mrgreen:

If you want, I could make a couple of calls to see which instititions have the best cooks and RFD TV, with internet access. :mrgreen:

Just have to say from the bleachers, this thread has been alot of fun to read! I'm sure glad some moderator isn't wiping out the good stuff.

djinwa":2m6tpt8h said:
Just have to say from the bleachers, this thread has been alot of fun to read! I'm sure glad some moderator isn't wiping out the good stuff.

You want butter, salt, or butter and salt?

HerefordSire":2s6rzyyh said:
KMacGinley":2s6rzyyh said:
Is there a mental institution in Kentucky that allows its inmates access to the internet?

I thought you lived in Indiana. :mrgreen:

If you want, I could make a couple of calls to see which instititions have the best cooks and RFD TV, with internet access. :mrgreen:

I doubt that you would need to make calls...

Wish old Kentucky Rookie would post the pedigrees on them embryo's he bought so the rest of us would no how to get rich over nite in the cattle busness. Sure hope he can find someone to personally breed his cows for him.

Congratulations to you KentuckyRookie, on your new found wealth. Appears that you have found your niche. Keep all of us posted on your future cattle successes.

He won't post it Kerley he will send you a nice pm. Sure wish he would post the pedigrees on them embryo's he bought. And some pictures of the recip. cows he bought.

I know that guy KentuckyRookie personally. What do you have against him? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

If you check out the two pms on the previous page you might see how some people might take offense, I know I did.

How well do you know him? Do you maybe see him every time you look in the mirror? Do you know him like the back of your hand because it is his hand too? :)

KMacGinley":2ezt70ej said:
If you check out the two pms on the previous page you might see how some people might take offense, I know I did.

How well do you know him? Do you maybe see him every time you look in the mirror? Do you know him like the back of your hand because it is his hand too? :)

You do live in Indiana don't you? :cboy:

Latest posts